Newbie, totally scared!

Options
So, im super unhappy with my weight.. I have gained around 40-50 lbs this year from eating fast food since im on the go so much! Im so ready to actually lose weight its ridiculous.. im a photographer so i literally am on the go and when at home my family has to get takeout since im super busy and cant cook! Im so hoping to get motivation from this and i also started my own blog so i can actually prove the progression and also make myself do this!! Encouragment needed!!

Replies

• Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    welcome! This site is a great place to stay motivated, feel free to add me if you want friends for support. Best of Luck, you CAN do this :)
  • ejhayes
    ejhayes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Don't be scared this is a great way to do it and find motivation!! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I do photography as a hobby and combine it with my love of quilting :smile:
  • htrshort
    htrshort Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel about gaining that much weight so quickly - I gained about 60lbs in a little over a year. Mine was because I've been really sick, but now it's like a never ending cycle - the weight is making me sicker, but I'm not medically cleared to work out so I can't lose the weight. I've cut down to 1200 calories a day, but unless I work out the best I can do is sustain my weight. I went from 2 yrs ago, my BMI showing me as underweight or normal to now being obese. It's so crushing!

I hope that you're able to use this to start focusing on healthy eating. It's been good for me to realize how many calories things actually have - I much prefer this site to trying to manage points or whatever. It's amazing how many foods are already in their database. And, I downloaded the mobile app and totally get a kick out of the bar code scanner. I swear that scanner is what got me so into tracking my food, I had so much fun playing with it. Download the app if you haven't yet.

Best of luck to you!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Wow, sounds like you are really busy. Do you have time for a "prep day" - where you can cut up veggies, mix some stuff in a crock pot, freeze portions of what you make so that it is ready for you? We are a super busy family, that is the only way that I am able to get meals together. I cook 5 pounds of chicken and a couple of pork roasts, cook some ground beef and freeze it all so that at least that part of the meal is done. Any veggies that I can freeze, I usually cut up and have ready. Good luck. You can do it. If with your take out you are drinking a lot of soda - if you cut that out I bet you will see a huge difference fast. Or pack some fruit and veggies to have instead of a starchy side like fries, noodles, or rice. Good luck. MFP will help a ton!!!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and don't be scared. This website is great. Add me as a friend if you need support and motivation. :smile:
  • hbabu
    hbabu Posts: 3
    Options
    You're gonna do great with this! If you have a smart phone, download the MFP app. It's great for when you're on the go, you can still log calories and exercise :-) Good luck!!!!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place, MFP is awesome! Don't be scared!! It's going to be ok!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the person who made the suggestion about a crock pot is right on. i got one two weeks ago for my birthday. i love it. toss your stuff in it in the morning or even at night before you go to bed and turn it on. 8 hours you have a healthy low fat meal that you made all by yourself. it doesn't heat up the house and it smells terrific all day long. best of luck to you. you can do this. you are worth it,
  • khstafford
    khstafford Posts: 19
    Options
    How amazing are you guys!! Im in love already with this place, looking at the before and after photographs are truly inspiring. I am always told how funny and amazing I am and now im ready for some "hot" thrown in the mix!!! So excited to really get going, but I am completly clueless on how to grocery shop, how to cook, how to portion myself and I LOVE FOOD~!! EEEkkk!!
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome! This place is awesome, it makes losing weight seem possible! I've only been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 4lbs! You seem really busy, but I know you can do it! Little changes make the difference. Way to go, keep your chin up! You will make it!
  • khstafford
    Options
    Would love some motivation! If you want some too add me! I love seeing everyone on my feed working out and checking in so add me if you stay active on here to help hold my hand!!!
  • bradylover12
    bradylover12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to add you! It is going to be great. Stay focused and you will do great!
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using the site for about one week now, and am super impressed with how much support is being thrown around by everyone, it's definitely motivating! You'll do great!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid. We'll help you through. You'll get more support from people here than you can imagine. We got you!
  • Ajschrader
    Options
    this website has helped me out a ton. love how it tells me the calories in some of the foods that i would normally be clueless about. just seeing how many calories you're eating has helped me to cut back on what i eat. everyone on here is super supportive and motivating
  • khstafford
    Options
    everyone is awesome here!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I can tell you, I have lost 9 pounds since joining a week ago - and I made VERY little changes in my eating habits. I am not 'hungry' using this site, and I can track my progress easily. Don't be scared! Be MOTIVATED!!! Be HAPPY!!! You will do it if you stick to the goals you have set on here.