5:2 fast days

Options
If you're female on a fast day, do you have 500 or 600 calories? I can't stand being wide awake at night with my tummy grumbling but knowing I can't eat anything else! I could easily manage 700 - is it worth trying it this way?

Replies

• TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about 5:2 as I do ESE. Do you need to hit a particular figure? My gut says if you are not enjoying it you will not stick at it...and 100 call isn't going to make much difference :) but that is only my opinion
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    By the way on ESE if I am struggling by hour 19 or 20 I break early. I follow my body.
  • terriallen13
    terriallen13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    for females 500 calories for 2 days a week
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's 500, but really it's just a way to regulate calories, so if 700 works better for you just eat 200 calories less than maintenance on feast days. The way you could do that is by setting your calorie goal to maintenance and logging any items that go over 500 calories into the next day.

Alternatively you could go on an every other day diet because after about a 2-4 weeks into it the body adopts a new 48 hour pattern and you stop feeling hunger completely on fast days. This does not happen with 5:2 because there is no consistent pattern for fasting and eating.

Whatever you decide to do remember that the best diet is the easiest to follow, so if modifying a certain diet in unconventional ways gets you there then that's the perfect diet for you.