I ate a McDonalds Big Mac today

Options

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It was delicious.

What did you enjoy eating today?

Nothing interesting today, but I had Taco Bell yesterday. Oh, how I love and missed Taco Bell.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Homemade peach pie.

Mmmmm... Was it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on top?
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken breast on rye toast with guacamole...if I was a dog my tail would be hammering the floor right now.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Homemade blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream. This thread needs more pics..

30ixisn2h41y.jpg
    fao66x6djtl4.jpg
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-scooped out ww everything bagel, nova, cream cheese, tomato.
    Dinner-garlic shrimp, NY strip steak, greens, 1 glass red wine, 1/2 cup chocolate/caramel sea salt gelato.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tacos, chili rellenos, taquitos and horchata :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    A cinnamon bun. Ben and Jerry's mint chocolate cookie ice cream. Also, dinner of vegetables with peanut sauce and some ginger chicken was tasty too.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    A homemade hamburger/bison burger cooked on the grill. I loved it!
    David_2015 wrote: »
    It was delicious.

I shudder....because i work at McDonald's. Lol

What's it like? Do you get free meals?

Well. I get half off anything i want to buy, they give us free food all the time as incentives to do well and keep times down, a $15 gift certificate for their food for Xmas, and 12 months worth of coupons for 4 free meals each month. We do take the breakfast food that doesn't get sold, count it as waste, then eat it free, lol. I suspect this is a practice that goes on at a ton of restaurants that work like that.

I eat the fruit and yogurt parfaits and sometimes the salads. My restaurant actually isn't terrible when it comes to timing food, for the most part. I get all the free meals and stuff and give them to my kids or my husband.

They treat us like absolute *kitten*, though. Been there two years, my last week is this week, then I'm off to take a pay cut to work at an animal shelter in the city that i am finishing my bachelor's degree in. I won't see my kids or husband much during the week, but that place is terrible. If i absolutely can't find a different job for college breaks, i suppose I'll keep working there (technically on a leave of absence, and flexibility is the only good thing i can say about the place).

I never have a problem avoiding the food, though, because I'm around it all the time. So i have ZERO cravings and only get food when it's free or i have no food in the house to pack my own lunch. (that's usually due to pure laziness, though.) and I'll be the first to admit, we hire a lot of lazy and stupid people just because we are unwilling to pay anyone decent enough to keep them. (case in point, i have an associate's degree and am a manager and I'm still leaving, lol)

Killed all desire for fast food for me, for the most part. :p
    I worked at McDonald's this summer (interesting enough though I just quit yesterday so I can focus my attention on completing my bachelor's degree.)

At my store we're allowed one free meal a day and a milkshake. For the meal though, if we get it when we're serving our regular menu, we're limited to a small fry with whatever burger/sandwich/wrap, etc we get. What you said about the breakfast food is pretty similar here as well, lol.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Whoopie pie ice cream!
  • m4rkmcd2015
    m4rkmcd2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It was delicious.

If you want to buy a McDonald's but sort of want to watch your calories at the same time either get a happy meal or get a cheese burger meal with diet Coke.
    Always get a DIET Coke it has virtually 0 calories.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    For lunch, an omelette with jalapenos and parmesan cheese, and a slice of crusty vienna bread with butter.
  • colleen_mairead_xo
    colleen_mairead_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am so looking forward to the bacon egg and cheese biscuit I'm allowing myself for breakfast (:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these kinds of threads to be honest. McDonald's, cakes, pies, ice cream, chocolate..etc. How are they any better or worse than stews, interesting fruits or sublime flavor combinations of less calorie dense options?

I have just enjoyed an amazing cauliflower "steak" (cut steaks out of whole cauliflower, season and roast, add mushroom sauce -- heaven), yesterday I equally enjoyed rich homemade salted caramel ice cream, and the day before I immensely enjoyed a one pot dish of jute and tomatoes with chicken breast pieces full of bright flavors.

Why do I always get the feeling that eating calorific foods is somehow worthy of more praise or mention? Isn't it just a food, just like any other food a person enjoys? Or are these just little rebellion acts against some of the old "taboo" foods resulting in overstated reactions?

Don't mind me. I guess I'm reading too much into it, I'm glad everyone was able to have something they enjoyed!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I had a really good steak last night. Now I know to add some garlic powder to my salt and pepper seasoning in order to give it a bit more of a "crunch" and more flavor.

This is sad, but I got really excited about spaghetti squash a few nights ago. I'm tempted to make a mock chicken and broccoli alfredo with it (with lots of chicken, broccoli, cheese, and sauce)
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Went to the Yardhouse last night, had the Pastrami Benedict Burger, sweet potato fries, and beer! It was wonderful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these kinds of threads to be honest. McDonald's, cakes, pies, ice cream, chocolate..etc. How are they any better or worse than stews, interesting fruits or sublime flavor combinations of less calorie dense options?

I have just enjoyed an amazing cauliflower "steak" (cut steaks out of whole cauliflower, season and roast, add mushroom sauce -- heaven), yesterday I equally enjoyed rich homemade salted caramel ice cream, and the day before I immensely enjoyed a one pot dish of jute and tomatoes with chicken breast pieces full of bright flavors.

Why do I always get the feeling that eating calorific foods is somehow worthy of more praise or mention? Isn't it just a food, just like any other food a person enjoys? Or are these just little rebellion acts against some of the old "taboo" foods resulting in overstated reactions?

Don't mind me. I guess I'm reading too much into it, I'm glad everyone was able to have something they enjoyed!

I could be wrong but I think the OP was just celebrating eating a food they particularly enjoy, and asking what others eat that they look forward to. As you can see, I think the majority of people commented with homemade food, not necessarily fast food or particularly calorie dense food.

Your ice cream sounds amazing by the way!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Going out for sushi with my two best friends tonight! More than a little excited about that :blush:
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

You just used the word steak to describe cauliflower. You're fired.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I could be wrong but I think the OP was just celebrating eating a food they particularly enjoy, and asking what others eat that they look forward to. As you can see, I think the majority of people commented with homemade food, not necessarily fast food or particularly calorie dense food.

Your ice cream sounds amazing by the way!

Yes you are right. Like I said I believe I'm reading too much into it. It's just a thread that caught me in a bad mood.