Hi I'm from Kent UK

Options
Previously a member several years ago. Time to get back on it and get the weight off! Xx

Replies

• KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck reaching your goals :smile:
  • sarahhembra
    sarahhembra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cheers :) I lost 2 stone last year in four months but I've put it all back on. Glad I did it though and proved to myslef it can be done. How are you getting on?
  • KeepGood
    Options
    Yeah that's it, you know you can do it now. That's a brilliant loss btw :smile:

I'm on the other side of the fence. It's weight gain for me. I was grossly underweight for about the past 17 years and always struggled to hold onto any weight. I've been sorting out my diet using MFP for about nine weeks now and have been doing a pretty rigorous workout routine along side it. I've managed to gain 28lbs, my goal is 42lbs. Getting there :smile:
  • sarahhembra
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done xx
    I know that trying to gain weight is equally as hard as trying to lose it and keep it off. It just doesn't get as much press, as it were. Do you feel better,have more energy etc?
  • Sharonimo99
    Sharonimo99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I am 47 and live in Croydon but am familiar with Kent. Will send you a friend request.
  • KeepGood
    Options
    I know that trying to gain weight is equally as hard as trying to lose it and keep it off. It just doesn't get as much press, as it were. Do you feel better,have more energy etc?

Sorry I missed your post. Yeah I feel much better, my energy levels are way higher than they used to be. I still have a long way to go. I'm still very weak but it's just weak muscles now, before starting this I was lethargic all the time. I'll feel better when the benefits of all the working out start to show. It'll take time but I'll get there. :smile:

How are you getting on with your diet plan? Have you added exercises into the mix?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    In London myself, my first time on MFP so still finding my way around it and how everything works here. Seems to be a pretty supportive community here.
  • KeepGood
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    In London myself, my first time on MFP so still finding my way around it and how everything works here. Seems to be a pretty supportive community here.
    I've kinda got hooked on MFP, I like seeing the numbers involved, it gives me targets to shoot for. It's a really good tool for keeping the diet in check but you can use it to keep track of other things too, like body measurements. You can also add new categories to help you keep track of other things not already listed, I added some to keep a log of my blood sugar levels. The community is pretty supportive, everyone here is interested in getting their fitness in order and is usually happy to help others reach their goals. :smile:
  • usedtobee
    usedtobee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Previously a member several years ago. Time to get back on it and get the weight off! Xx

• Bonny132
    Options
    Good to hear, I am planning to add my body measurements tomorrow. Why not today? Simples... I just joined my local gym and signed up for their 30day inch loss challenge, hence me joining here. So tomorrow I am having my measurements taken in the gym. Not started tracking yet, as my new life starts tomorrow, I have however done my online shopping of healthy food to be delivered, planned my meals for the week, and had my first PT session in the gym so come armed with my new gym programme.

Before joining here I have already lost nearly 50lbs by myself by not tracking but changing my eating habits and portion sizes, but since I am now almost half way to goal, I feel I need more structure in order to get there.
  • sarahhembra
    Options
    KeepGood wrote: »

Sorry I missed your post. Yeah I feel much better, my energy levels are way higher than they used to be. I still have a long way to go. I'm still very weak but it's just weak muscles now, before starting this I was lethargic all the time. I'll feel better when the benefits of all the working out start to show. It'll take time but I'll get there. :smile:

How are you getting on with your diet plan? Have you added exercises into the mix?

No worries :-) I've recently changed my hours at work as recovering from injury and don't sleep properly ever! So for a long time have felt like I've been running on empty. Getting more balance in my life so exercise will come into it at some point when I'm feeling I'm in a better place generally. Glad you are feeling better and all your hard work is paying off xx
  • sarahhembra
    Options
    Hi Bonny. Have sent you a request. Best of luck xx
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Thank you Sarah I have accepted. Good luck on your journey, not easy to loose the weight and to keep it off. Bad habits have this way to sneak back in again and before you know it you are slowly undoing all your hard work.