Hello from the new girl in town

Options
Hey guys! I'm so excited to finally be taking the leap i needed to to get in shape and to get healthy. Does anyone have any tips? Especially for keeping the munchies at bay (yesterday was my first day, and i was doing great until about 8:30 when the cravings hit). Or maybe some great recipes that are filling and low cal? Thanks for the support and I wish every single one of you the best of luck!

Replies

• JaiaRamirez
    JaiaRamirez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, its my first time here! I have a few tips for when you feel hungry: drink water, chew gum, brush your teeth, exercise, do something that will get you engaged like a craft or something, go outside to stay away from fridge/pantry
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey, its my first time here! I have a few tips for when you feel hungry: drink water, chew gum, brush your teeth, exercise, do something that will get you engaged like a craft or something, go outside to stay away from fridge/pantry

Sorry, but I have to disagree here. If you're looking for long-term change and a sustainable weight loss program, you need to EAT when you feel hungry. It's your body's way of telling you that it needs nutrition, so listen to it. However, the above quote does apply to boredom eating, cravings, and instances of bad (or lack of) portion control. It's best to start healthy habits off on the right foot. Choose foods that are within your calories that MFP gave you, and for your overall health make sure they are nutrient dense instead of empty calorie foods. Calories that you "earn" while exercising can be eaten back if you choose, so that's a good way of eating more if you need to. I find that I'm too hungry on 1200 calories, but if I burn 500 at the gym then I get to eat 1700 which is plenty! I can even fit dessert.

You can do it, good luck :smile: