Yoga DVD suggestions Please!

Options
hummzz
hummzz Posts: 384 Member
I'm thinking about getting a Yoga DVD...Any suggestions? I was looking into Jillian Michael's Yoga, but if some of you got better suggestions that would be great!

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I really liked this one, Yogalates For Weight Loss, and it's cheap!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yogalates-6-Weight-Loss-DVD/dp/B000H7ZZEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306967077&sr=8-1

xx
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    BodyUnderConstruction Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's a company called yogaworks. It's amazing!! I love it and it's challenging.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your Yoga. I have Denise Austin Power Yoga, and it's a blend of Yoga and Pilates so it's pretty effective. I also have GAIAM AM Yoga. This is a gentler yoga that focuses more on stretching and balancing your muscles. I love this one for keeping up my flexibility since I do a lot of running and strength training.

Also, if you have cable, there are a lot of free on Demand yoga workouts you can watch.
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like the Bodywisdom series...

I also do the Scott Cole Tai Chi series (morning evening - is my favorite). I love combining the 2.

Good luck!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump - i wanna read this in the morning
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Those are both good... I like them as well - the GAIAM and Denise Austen...
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Netflix has quite a few qorkout videos.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your Yoga. I have Denise Austin Power Yoga, and it's a blend of Yoga and Pilates so it's pretty effective. I also have GAIAM AM Yoga. This is a gentler yoga that focuses more on stretching and balancing your muscles. I love this one for keeping up my flexibility since I do a lot of running and strength training.

Also, if you have cable, there are a lot of free on Demand yoga workouts you can watch.

I want to add yoga to my weight loss exercise as well become agile. I do Tae Bo now and I often lose my balance. I think maybe because I'm still quite large and flat foot so this one might work. Thanks!
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want to get out of your yoga practice... When I want to do yoga for the mind/body connection and to calm and focus I go with the programs that are restorative and relaxing like, Sara Ivanhoe's Candlelight Yoga. When I am intrested in a fitness/weight loss program I usually use the P90X yoga program or Baron Baptiste's Power Yoga.

I used my public library to start discovering the yoga instructors, programs and styles I liked. You can borrow them for free until you figure out which ones you like and want to buy. I also used YouTube. Now I have a vast collection of yoga programs to fit my every mood and yoga need.

Good luck!
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like Yoga For Dummies...it has both beginner and advanced levels!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I love Rodney Yee's "Yoga Burn."
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    I found luck with Sara Ivanhoe Yoga DVD's they're pretty nice. 20 minutes a day and she'll work your abs, butt, theighs, flexibilty and cardio. I ordered them off Amazon.com - fantastic investment (if you do them lol)