anxious!

Options
So...I am 9oz away from my first mini goal...and although I did great on food today I did not exercise at all! First time in a LONG time I didn't at least walk 3 miles... I'm terrified YES terrified that the scale will be UP tomorrow morning...if its the same that's OK I don't expect miracles... But please don't be up!

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    A person's weight can fluctuate as many as five pounds from day to day, so try not to stress. Pay attention to trends over time - as long as you have an overall trend going down, you're succeeding!
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh at least 3 times a day and I know it fluxuates...I only go by my morning weigh in and seldom am higher in the morning unless I had a really bad day the day before...I don't get upset when its 3 lbs higher at 7pm than it was at 5am because I know in the morning it will be lower. Just ready to be out of this rut...and even on a bad day I've never fluxuated more than 2 lbs from one morning to the next
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Some people say you should weigh once a week to see the progress. Personally, I weigh every day 2-3 times, ha ha. But also you can weigh yourself twice a day - when you get up and probably the lightest weight in a day and after dinner - the heaviest in a day to see how your weight fluctuates. In a graph, the weight should gradually go down, using psychological effects. I recommend this method.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't graph it on paper ..but I store it in my head...that's why I trust the AM weight...it never fluxuates as much as the day or the night weight does...and I am pleased to say it was down 8oz this am ...not the 9oz I was hoping for but I can defietly live with that...I dunno maybe I am to obsessive about it...I can't weigh just once a week...I would get so stressed out..I don't expect miracles everyday on the scale...but if I start to slip up I can catch it right away. I dunno...obsessive I guess...or paranoid one or the other