what is your why for being healthy?

Options
13»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I have prediabetes, hypothyroidism, and arthritis. I had to drop the weight and get in shape, or my life was going to go down the toilet fast.
  • LC_onelove
    LC_onelove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My motivation?

I want it all! I want health, fitness, energy, a sexy body! I want that WONDERFUL feeling and almost euphoria I get when I workout.

I have a 12 year old daughter who was nearing 200 lbs. A 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter who are headed the same direction if I don't step in. I decided one day that I will NOT be their friends, but I will be their mother and set an example and will provide healthy foods. My 12 year old has lost 13 lbs in 3 months. We are seeing some GREAT physical changes also. She is becoming motivated by how easy it has been!

I have a husband who is unhealthy and overweight. I love him and can't imagine losing him for a loooooong time! We are only 34, I don't want to worry about becoming a widow!

I will make the changes necessary to do what is good for me and for those I love.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I wa
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    s_y8s wrote: »
    I wa

I want to get pregnant
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Good reason s_y8s
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I can't afford not to be healthy, not to be fit. I want to live life not watch it go by.
  • felixthemaster1
    felixthemaster1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Being out of breath whilst doing medial tasks or climbing stairs or waking more than 10 mins. Not only is it embarrassing but I don't want my friends to slow down for me or think I'm slowing things down.
  • ashtem10
    ashtem10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just left my son's father after putting up with 14 years of infidelity. I will be turning 29 at the end of this week and have extreme low self esteem and confidence. I want to lose weight so I can feel good about myself and start living my life with smiles and not tears
  • Havasufalls
    Havasufalls Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have just left my son's father after putting up with 14 years of infidelity. I will be turning 29 at the end of this week and have extreme low self esteem and confidence. I want to lose weight so I can feel good about myself and start living my life with smiles and not tears
    Wow..good for you!! That takes courage and bravery
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked lol.. I'm just tired of not feeling healthy and fit. My knees constantly hurt, I get tired easily doing physical activities. ... Ooh and the totally girly answer, I hate clothes shopping with a passion because nothing ever fits me right making me uncomfortable in my own skin then depressed me.
  • rebeccamorgan58152
    rebeccamorgan58152 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much pain when I'm under 65 kg, so there's that, but mostly I want to look really, really good in booty shorts and deadlift my own weight.
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good again when I was in my early 20's. I felt much lighter and probably better. Now I don't like myself, though I am within a healthy weight. I want to look 'slim'.
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My kids, no question. I want them to have healthy eating habits, and never have to struggle with their weight. And everyone knows, whatever mom's eating, everyone eats!
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I want to have children and not while I'm fat. Many other reasons besides but that's the biggest motivation
  • hillarywhite22
    hillarywhite22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get fit and develop good habits for three reasons. The first, is that I'm getting married next March and I want to feel beautiful and confident in my wedding dress. The second is that I plan on starting a family soon-after our wedding and want to have a healthy, happy baby with a healthy, happy mama. The third is that I'm currently taking medication for depression/panic disorder, and exercising makes me feel happier and calmer (and will definitely play a big part in weaning me off my medication before pregnancy). Feel free to add me!