For When You Feel Like Giving Up...

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
What helps you? Is there something you visualize? A phrase you say? A scenario you think about? A ritual you do?

I've had a truly awful day, and a difficult week. It's easy for my brain to go straight to thinking "haha, you can't do this!"

I'm wondering what other people's strategies are, if you feel overwhelmed or incapable of changing.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Making myself go work out even if I feel mentally bad usually helps me feel more accomplished.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    c0nxtz7n52il.jpg

Haha... I'm not where I want to be but in not where I once was. Now after this mess up I have learned something new to help me next time.
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at some 'models' who are thinner than me. So yes, visualising what I want to become, though they have long lean legs that I will not be able to have even if I loose some more weight lol

Maintaining myself healthy and healthy looking is another one. My stomach has 2 lines now that really motivate me to stay on track
  • Cellhl
    Cellhl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    c0nxtz7n52il.jpg

Lol!!!!
  • Hannahkahlor
    Hannahkahlor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you feel like giving up just keep pushing. Even if you slip up keep pushing. Think of what motivated you in the first place. Know how awesome and strong you will feel when you inch towards your goal. Hang tight. You are on your way to bettering yourself!

For myself I keep my mind on the prize. I want to be able to do hand stand and cartwheels! Until the day I can I am just going to keep pushing through it all.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Also I have small goals for myself. When I started I needed to loose 50 lbs so every ten pounds is a mile marker for me and I have rewards set up for myself (non food) like buying a new outfit. Getting new workout clothes. So I don't have to think about how long it will be until the goal. It's just ten pounds.
  • Milenac93
    Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I look at my "before" pictures. And I try to say this to myself "what can I do right now that my future self will thank me for". Whether that's eating a healthy meal, drinking more water, or going to the gym I can usually think of something and I feel good knowing that what I did will make a positive impact on my future self.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    For me it's my blood tests. Feburary 2015 A1c was 10... August 2015 A1c is 5.8 plus all my cholestrol counts are in normal range now. I have greatly decreased the numbers on them.

:)
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Basically you're turning a negative experience and spiraling out of control. You need to forgive yourself and start strong the next day. This is a big change, we spent a lifetime in bad habits; it's going to take a lifetime to fix. It gets easier, just keep trying! You can do it!