Carb backloading

Options
13»

Replies

• alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Now I don't care if you agree with me or not. But the effects are innumerable :-1:
    1.Increased mental clarity like the movie limitless
    2. Increased Strength gains from fasted training
    3. Not feeling sluggish
    4. Energy levels have soared
    5. No bloating
    6. High sex drive
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Isn't carb back-loading just the least worst time to eat carbs ?

http://caloriesproper.com/carb-back-loading-take-ii/

or "the least fattening way to eat the wrong things"
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 227 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Isn't carb back-loading just the least worst time to eat carbs ?

http://caloriesproper.com/carb-back-loading-take-ii/

or "the least fattening way to eat the wrong things"

In a sense yeah, feel free to check those articles mate, I'm sure you'll find something of utmost value.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Links please...change my mind ..because so far I've not seen anything of value from them

yep, more "I don't agree with what they say so they don't count".

Nope ...with the amount of nonsense out there it's just easier to form a list of people to avoid

I don't have an issue with carbs or no-carbs

I have an issue with over-complication for minimum reward and with money-grabbing meejah hoors

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If peer reviewed science is to be held up as a gold standard then I struggle with selectivity - isn't that what the peer review is supposed to do ? If not then maybe it shouldn't be the gold standard.

Volek (for example) was involved in a couple of studies looking at how saturated fat in the diet influences saturated fat in the bloodstream. Seems quite useful if we're trying to decide whether to worry about saturated fat. The latest one he wasn't the lead author, although she had a very similar name - Volk - http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0113605

I don't agree with a lot of what Lustig says, but virtually none of it is peer reviewed science or necessarily supported by same.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Egads! My morning cup of bro hath runneth over.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    :huh:

The bro-science is strong in this thread

:bigsmile:

Aye. I used to IF. It worked great for me, because it suited my natural eating pattern. Then I upped my workouts. IF'ing was no longer compatible with my chronic migraines, because training fasted just triggered them, every time.

I stopped doing it in such a small window. Now I do a 10 hour window instead.

I'll take working out more and being headache free, thanks.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Maybe you misunderstood me. When your hormones are effected as, we all know, the body utilizes nutrients differently and reacts differently to what it is given. Insulin and leptin being perfect examples, which are two hormones that are greatly effected through IF. Gaining muscle and losing fat IS NOT just calories in calories out. The simplest argument that I've ever heard to prove this is to go eat 3000 calories a day of carbs or go eat 3000 calories a day of protein and see how your body looks in a few weeks. It is possible for one to gain muscle while eating under maintenance calories and it is also possible for one to lose fat while eating above, so how does that happen if it's as simple as calories in/calories out. There is something else at work here. How can I take someone and replace all the grains in their diet with healthy fats while keeping their caloric intake exactly the same and they finally begin to lose body fat? Even things like gluten allergies keep people from losing BF, regardless of their calories. If it was just calories in/calories out then why when someone is dieting and they keep dropping their calories further does their weight loss eventually come to a stop. If it was calories in/calories out then weight loss should continue , right?? Doing intermittent fasting really opened my eyes to how wrong I was for so many years thinking that I had to have so many calories to gain, or so many calories to lose or, the worst of all, having to eat every 3 hours or my metabolism would slow and my body would eat itself without ever giving though to how my body was using what I was giving it and the effects the nutrients were having. Think about this, if you take two people and give them the same exact meal containing the same exact amount of calories and nutrient ratios, the only difference is that one person is completely insulin resistant and the other has fantastic insulin sensitivity. Are these calories going to be used the same way in these two people's body?? No , not at all. So here we have the same amount of calories and nutrients but the only difference is hormonal.

Great wall o' bro.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's macro timing ...no carbs till later in the day

Still CICO of course

But with unnecessary rules

How much "later in the day"? I eat all of my food in the afternoon and evening most days, so that's usually when all my carbs are eaten. Never heard of this concept though. I think I'd lose weight just the same if I ate earlier.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :huh:

The bro-science is strong in this thread

:bigsmile:

yes!!!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Egads! My morning cup of bro hath runneth over.

Now I need a new laptop.... Spit my coffee out laughing at this
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Loosing 65 lbs of weight or 65 lbs of fat ? Did you measure your before and after Body fat levels ? That's the point
    122 pounds. From 35+% body fat to about 13%. Eating whatever, whenever I want.

64078106.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    What i have learned is that if you eat carbs during the day it will kill-your fat burning cortisol levels and start storing. Look up john keifer thats who i fillow. I tryed alot of differ thing bit but i eat my carbs at night my muscles look so fill the next day and my waistline looks so small in the morning. Wen i would eat carbs during the day i would wake up flat. Thats my experience on my own body. But yes i have too lost weight bok ways but loading my carbs at night make my muscles look mote aswome is that calorie deficit leads to all weight loss

fixed it for you OP.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    What i have learned is that if you eat carbs during the day it will kill-your fat burning cortisol levels and start storing. Look up john keifer thats who i fillow. I tryed alot of differ thing bit but i eat my carbs at night my muscles look so fill the next day and my waistline looks so small in the morning. Wen i would eat carbs during the day i would wake up flat. Thats my experience on my own body. But yes i have too lost weight bok ways but loading my carbs at night make my muscles look mote aswome is that calorie deficit leads to all weight loss

fixed it for you OP.

lol ^^^

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thread has been locked based on the below violation.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
This discussion has been closed.