karenjmahon
karenjmahon Posts: 2 Member
I'm ordering my plan on Friday :D

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Complete waste of money.

If you are really wanting longevity on your weight loss, read the stickies and do some research on CICO.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why not count calories and lose weight eating real food?

I lost 20kg very fast on a meal replacement diet. Then bounced back up 30 when I stopped.

I've lost 25kg calorie counting and learned life long habits to not regain.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on doing Exante for the rest of your life? If not, learn how to count calories, measure/weigh foods, etc. Everyone I know who has done "diets" like this do lose weight but as soon as they stop they gain all the weight back and even more. Don't waste your hard earned dollars, read the stickies in this forum and in the general diet/weight loss forum. Trust me, they're full of useful information. And best of all... they're free!!!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    How low of a calorie plan did you select?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Annie_01
    Options

It's not real food?

What do they put in their meals? Fake food?

• IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

It's not real food?

Card board.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    PVA glue

It's a binder. Cheaper substitute for egg whites.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I just took a look at the website and the ones that include fresh food meals look much better than the ones that don't. Unless your dr says otherwise, I'd do one that involves at least 1 home cooked meal, to teach you portion size and nutrition, and to deliver phytonutrients from fresh fruits and veggies.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

It's not real food?

Well, by the pure definition of being a meal "replacement" diet, you're replacing a meal with their product. If it was "real food" you wouldn't be "replacing" a meal, you'd just be eating one.
  • Annie_01
    Options

It's not real food?

Card board.

It's not real food?

Well, by the pure definition of being a meal "replacement" diet, you're replacing a meal with their product. If it was "real food" you wouldn't be "replacing" a meal, you'd just be eating one.

Let me say...I wouldn't buy prepackaged order by mail food. I seldom ever even buy a frozen dinner unless I am in a rush.

I agree...most of them taste like cardboard. However...I would guess that they use real food to make them.

There are many types of replacement meals...protein shakes or bars come to mind. They are all made with real food. I don't particularly care for them...don't buy them...but it has nothing to do with whether they are real or not.

Come to think of it...I have eaten some home cooked meals that didn't taste like real food.

What is more of a concern with the diet that the OP is doing is the calorie level of some of their plans. I think a 600 calorie meal plan should come from a medical expert and not delivered by the mailman.

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You do all know 1 in 3 regain the weight they lose on any weightloss plan
    Counting calories works until we stop
    It's not the plans that fail it's us
    Exante with all other vlcd plans work until we stop
    Some people who comfort eat find meal replacements a godsend they don't use them to comfort eat

I bet most people on here have been on some sort of weightloss plan more than once as said its is that fail not the plans
    sandown12 wrote: »
    Some people who comfort eat find meal replacements a godsend they don't use them to comfort eat

I bet most people on here have been on some sort of weightloss plan more than once as said its is that fail not the plans

The reason it's 600 calories is the key to get you in ketosis to lose weight fast
    Doctors agree these plans are good for people that are obese so if they didn't they'd not sign you off to do them which is what some vlcd companies make you do
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited August 2015
    Options

The reason it's 600 calories is the key to get you in ketosis to lose weight fast
    Doctors agree these plans are good for people that are obese so if they didn't they'd not sign you off to do them which is what some vlcd companies make you do
    Stop reviving a dead thread. Look at the OP's post date... now look at the current date.