What is the weirdest "diet food" you make for dinner when cooking just for yourself?

Options
...because lately I have been embarrassed by what I post in my public diary for dinner. I would be completely content with plain spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese over baked spaghetti squash every night. I wouldn't dare serve it to anybody though.. lol.

Replies

• Mehitabel25
    Mehitabel25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Id eat it!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds kind of tasty. I'd consider using low fat ricotta instead of cottage cheese.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Rice, peas, a can of salmon or chicken, and raisins, heated through and then add a huge dollop of greek yogurt and loads of curry powder, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper.

My lower cal, ghetto version of Indian food. Sometimes I'll omit the rice. And sometimes, if I have any on hand and can spare the calories, I add some coconut milk.

My hubs thinks it's gross (and he loves Indian food) but I like it.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Damnit. That sounds yummy!

Mine is a low carb wrap (Tofyan, 80kcal!)
    With a string cheese inside and some mustard. Good for when you have 200kcal left for dinner!
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Damnit. That sounds yummy!

Mine is a low carb wrap (Tofyan, 80kcal!)
    With a string cheese inside and some mustard. Good for when you have 200kcal left for dinner!

All of these actually sound good to me, and I KNOW i've made this myself haha. that's awesome.
  • pgm012197
    pgm012197 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cooked oatmeal with a poached egg on top
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I eat any "diet" foods. I eat what I like and simply exercise portion control. I refuse to punish myself by eating foods I don't like simply to lose weight. I would be happy to share my meal with anyone with no apologies for the "diet" food.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of Velveeta and an over easy egg.
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »
    ...because lately I have been embarrassed by what I post in my public diary for dinner. I would be completely content with plain spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese over baked spaghetti squash every night. I wouldn't dare serve it to anybody though.. lol.

Sounds good to me. I love spaghetti squash

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »

Why would that be embarrassing?
    I don't think I do anything very odd with food. I don't eat dinner alone but sometimes I have my taco stuff over spinach or a hamburger patty without a bun or condiments while others have theirs the regular way.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds good. You could serve it to me anytime.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That sounds good actually, although yeah, I'd probably use ricotta instead. I mean, it's not that different from what's in lasagna, and I use meat sauce all the time on spaghetti squash too...
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My new favorite when I'm trying to add some more protein into my day: a can of tuna mixed w/ 1/2 cup of black beans. I did this just as an experiment and I loved it so much I now make it a frequent meal!
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    These all sound good to me! I like tuna and cottage cheese and tomatoes or peas. For breakfast. Sigh, I know.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Why is that embarrassing? I love spaghetti squash.

I eat what everyone else is eating, just within my calorie budget.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    White Castle frozen cheeseburger sliders. Yes, very processed. 300 calories. I love, love, love them, but only treat myself to them once a week or so.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Chopped up veggie dogs with sriracha, roasted bell peppers with a bit of goat cheese, balsamic, and basil leaves, and bean sprouts with soy sauce and grated ginger, all as my dinner, makes a frequent appearance in my diary.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    pgm012197 wrote: »
    cooked oatmeal with a poached egg on top

you forgots the bacon! I have done this for breakfast, so tasty!
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine's called a Meatza. Pasically you get mince and bind it then spread it out like a pizza base, cook it then cover with a low cal sauce and some low cal cheese and voila. I think it's so yummy especially when I've already eaten all my carbs at lunch!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can't think of anything I eat that is weird, because why would I eat weird food? But then, nothing mentioned in the thread so far sounds weird to me either.