Gratitude to help my attitude

Options
I have been feeling both blue and VERY snarky for the last couple of days. Also sorry for myself. It has made me feel pretty crappy, both emotionally and physically. SO, time to think about things I am grateful for to erase this horrible combination of moods.

I am grateful for:
1) My health. That is why I am back on here to hang onto this into my golden years!
2) My husband. He has more integrity than any other person I have ever met.
3) My sons. They have both grown into kind, smart, FUNNY young men.
4) Believe it or not - the crappy weather we are having. It's cold and rainy and give me a *teensy* bit more time to get to a weight where I am comfortable in shorts and tank tops.

There! I feel better already! Anyone else need to focus on the + and boost their mood?

Replies

• cmaloy11
    cmaloy11 Posts: 2
    Options
    well what I appreciate most about this post is the gratitude. I have been sober almost twenty one years and it could be a lot worse. so let me do my gratitude list

1. my sobriety- without that I wouldnt have this
    2. a higher power in my life
    3. a job
    4. friends
    5. health
    6. sense of humor
    7. gym membership
    8. health insurance
    9. car insurance
    and so on and so on........... :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    well what I appreciate most about this post is the gratitude. I have been sober almost twenty one years and it could be a lot worse. so let me do my gratitude list

1. my sobriety- without that I wouldnt have this
    2. a higher power in my life
    3. a job
    4. friends
    5. health
    6. sense of humor
    7. gym membership
    8. health insurance
    9. car insurance
    and so on and so on........... :)

:smile:
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    get_fit2009 - you've got the right idea! Our thoughts are seeds, and our lives are gardens. Let's not allow any weeds to grow! :flowerforyou:
    well what I appreciate most about this post is the gratitude. I have been sober almost twenty one years and it could be a lot worse.

Congratulations to you for your discipline! Your positive attitude shines through! :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Tee hee, I thought you said you were feeling Sharky.

I'm thinking of going diving, so my thoughts stray to underwater thypes of things. Like sharks. I kind of gave it up last year because I didn't have a regular partner to dive with.

I am grateful I'm healthy enough to do whatever I want right now.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I'm thinking of going diving, so my thoughts stray to underwater thypes of things. Like sharks. I kind of gave it up last year because I didn't have a regular partner to dive with.

If the weather ever gets decent, you should go diving! Or does the weather even matter for diving???
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options

If the weather ever gets decent, you should go diving! Or does the weather even matter for diving???

Nope. You're gonna get wet, regardless. Actually the water in Puget Sound is much clearer in the winter. Summer isn't the best for visibility.