Same Weight- VERY different result (with pic).

Options
lauractemple85
lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
The scale has, and always will be, my biggest enemy. The picture on the left is me at 147lbs and 32% body fat. The picture of the right is my at the same weight- 147lbs and 24% body fat. My goal body fat % is between 14% and 17%.

Hoping this post can help people look past the scale.

sk3jw4mdgn6s.jpg

Replies

• meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for posting this - such a good reminder :smiley:
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress!
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow. Awesome job !
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can see such a difference! Excellent reminder that the scale is not always the best method to determine "success". Congrats!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! I needed this kind of post! You look great girl!
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Love this! You look amazing!
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Now that is great recomp!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for recomp!!!
  • PD_BARBS
    PD_BARBS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking great some nice results well done
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics, I have been stuck at 123lbs over a month. Although I KNOW the scale is not the only focus, it still bothers me some days.

I am wondering, how do you work to change % instead of weight? Is it heavy lifting? I don't have time or money for a gym membership, but do work out 6 days/week using FitnessBlender.
  • Deafening_Silence
    Deafening_Silence Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is great progress! I always try to remind myself that the scale isn't the only thing that matters, and to always do measurements also. Keep up the great work!
  • AnnePotter1
    AnnePotter1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have really reshaped your body, awesome results! Would love more info about your workouts.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics, I have been stuck at 123lbs over a month. Although I KNOW the scale is not the only focus, it still bothers me some days.

I am wondering, how do you work to change % instead of weight? Is it heavy lifting? I don't have time or money for a gym membership, but do work out 6 days/week using FitnessBlender.
    Wow! You have really reshaped your body, awesome results! Would love more info about your workouts.

Thank you! I did a couple things to change my body fat; but the two most important are probably my weight training schedule and my protein intake. I am lifting heavy, but at the same time, I was also lifting heavy in the left pic. This time I did more "traditional" weight lifting as opposed to "total body" workouts. I would work certain body parts a day. For example, I would do chest and shoulders one day, Legs & glutes on another day, Back on another day (you get the picture). This gave my muscles time to heal so they could grow efficiently. My protein intake was increased dramatically. Before, most of my calories came from carbs (and not necessarily simple carbs either like bread of pasta). I'm now literally eating at least my body weight in grams of protein a day (147lbs= 147g protein). I also make sure to eat a meal that is balanced between complex carbs and protein within an hour of finishing my workout. I also added fasted cardio in the mornings and made sure my heart rate was within a "fat burning" zone. I hope this helps!

• BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I needed this! Thank you and congrats!
  • CLaukam
    CLaukam Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wow well done and thanks for the reminder that the scales are not always our best friend. This is just what i needed. Many thanks
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!!!
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I have been linking my MFP friends to this when they get hung up on what the scale is telling them. This is a great post to show why it's important to track your measurements as well.

Sláinte to your continued success :smile:
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love posts like this! I am tired of the focus centering around scale results, when there is so much more to be proud of!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Love it. I too am about to embark on lowering my BF, am shooting for about 20%. According to the calipers I'm 28%
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!