Anyone else have closer to 150 pounds to lose?

2»

Replies

• rvannorman1008
    rvannorman1008 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all - I'm a newbie and I have 135 lbs to lose! I used to be very fit and attractive, after getting married 10 years ago, fell into comfort eating and steadily gained 120 lbs. Have done Weight Watchers, ugh. Found myself feeling resentful of people who would say "it's been so easy!" Really?! Recently tried Medifast, lost 15 lbs and got to point where food tasted like crap, fell off wagon and gained the 15 back.

No gimmicks this time, tracking calories and nutrients and exercising more. Open to any good ideas to work out on a busy schedule?
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Yep! At 270 now at 5'6 so 150lb loss would be the ultimate goal. I'll settle for 120 though. Feel free to add me, I'm restarting today ☺
  • rvannorman1008
    rvannorman1008 Posts: 5 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I am 14 months into my journey to lose 150. Just hit -100 last week. 50 left to go. It takes a lot of discipline and consistency and reminding yourself WHY you want to do this.

That is awesome!!! Way to go!!!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Add me too! I have about 110 lbs to lose. It's a frustrating struggle but after losing my close friend 2 weeks ago (also overweight) I'm determined to get healthy!
  • rainalove77
    rainalove77 Posts: 11 Member
    Sent you all requests!
  • Mavenly
    Mavenly Posts: 23 Member
    125lbs (or half my entire bodyweight) here for me. 8 down - 117 to go. Happy to add new friends on the journey.
  • Vallery123
    Vallery123 Posts: 4 Member
    Well... I started with a goal of about.. 167 lbs to lose. I've lost 81 lbs in 6 months- I have roughly 86 lbs left. And I'm at that midway slump where I feel like I still have the hardest stretch ahead of me. So- I've been there, and in a way I still feel like I'm there. :0 :)

• Vallery123
    Vallery123 Posts: 4 Member
    That is great keep up the good work. I have 73 lbs to lose. I have been on this for 45days now. Stayed the same in weight for 2 weeks now and was a little frustrated today but I will carry on. I have lost 20 lbs since I started. Good luck to you and keep going.
  • I started out at 270 and am down to 250.4 6 weeks in! You can do it. Just remember it's only temporary. It's not like you can't ever have bad foods again. You just take the time NOW to focus and reap the benefits. It's a lifestyle change. After a couple weeks the cravings will go away. I promise. I struggle with the same things everyday. Just remember why you started and wake up everyday with a goal!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    You can add me i started out with about 142 pounds but have lost almost 30 we can do this together
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    I have 150 to lose as well. Day 1 for me. I have been taking baby steps with other parts of my life. I has been over a year since I quit smoking and I am at the point that I want to take another journey on getting heathier.

That is great. I am having trouble kicking the no smoking habit and I feel it drags me down. I quit for 2 months last winter and became very active..lost 30 but gained it all back when I started smoking again...did u quit cold turkey?

• jasminemabry
    jasminemabry Posts: 18 Member
    I just discovered this app. From watching someone weight loss journey,I have never really tried an app to lose weight and this is scary for me because I don't want to fall back to old habits, I am trying to lose a 150 pounds and I would love to support everyone if anyone would like to support me as well thanks jazz
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    I've lost 70, got another 60 or so to go so 130lbs to lose here. Add me and we can do this together :)
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    I had 129 to lose - I have lost 60 lbs since April 21st. I have 69 more. It is great to eat right and exercise. My go to is water aerobics.
  • sarapooo
    sarapooo Posts: 63 Member
    Need to lose 100-130 pounds. Haven't been under 200 lbs in 13 years. I struggle with PCOS and no will power to avoid high sugar snacks & breadaholic. Looking for support/encouragement and suggestions for healthy tips.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    I also have about 150 to loose...feel free to add me. How awesome when we all hit our goal!
  • Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    I have approx 129 pounds to lose.. Started MFP about 45 days ago and I gained weight but I think it is because I am believing the calories I can eat are fine because when you exercise it states you can eat more.. Which it probably not calculating correctly.

I may have to portion food out a day ahead of time because when I was on Jenny Craig and physicians weight loss and a bunch of others 14 years ago.. I lost weight because everything was portioned out and I was more active and of course I gained 50 more pounds since then.

I go to the gym but then come home and sit and crave sugar and salt..and don't go out because I don't have extra cash to spend and have no social Klocker.. Maybe that is my problem.
  • Speyder
    Speyder Posts: 195 Member
    sarapooo wrote: »
    Need to lose 100-130 pounds. Haven't been under 200 lbs in 13 years. I struggle with PCOS and no will power to avoid high sugar snacks & breadaholic. Looking for support/encouragement and suggestions for healthy tips.

I have PCOS too and can't lose .. I have been gaining.. I think we need a remendy without pills. I don't take any meds.