Losing 100 pounds while in Nursing school...

Options
2»

Replies

• 717Shelly
    717Shelly Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Glad to hear of others in the same situation. I will be starting clinicals in 3 weeks. I've already lost 65lbs and have been worrying about continuing to lose weight during such a stressful time. I also appreciate everyone's tips & wish everyone the best of luck. Last semester I cooked at the beginning of the week, that way I didn't have worry about finding something to eat after the long day class.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all of the encouragement! I have my practicum coming up. I'll have about 32 hours of clinical a week. I'm thinking I'll try to make as many meals as i can ahead of time on my days off! I have a hard time with my energy level during the semester. I don't drink coffee (I may be the only student who doesn't! ) and I sometimes feel like a pick-me-up. I'll have to find a solution!

Do you make time for exercise and sleep? If I've been exercising regularly and keeping my carbs around 40%, the only time I need a pick me up is if I accidentally got two hours less than my normal sleep. Cardio also helps with stress.

I have a desk job, but move around a lot during work, and that helps as well.

• Chrisv44
    Chrisv44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am currently in nursing school entering my third semester. 2.5 years ago I managed to lose 40 lbs using MFP. I kept the weight off until recently. Yes the challenge of finding balance between school, work, kids, and everything else has lead me back to where I was before. I'm starting over. My ultimate goal is to lose 100-120 lbs. I started a program through my doctors office and have started walking. I'm determined to be at least 50 lbs lighter by the time I graduate in May 2016. Good luck to everyone!

5'4"
    SW: 275.4
    CW: 271.0
    Goal: 155-175
  • emereey
    emereey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I needed this thread! Starting my first nursing semester in a few weeks and am nervous about staying on track. I know it's going to be stressful and difficult, but I want to do everything I can to maintain my ability to work out and track my food. I know I'll be a better nurse down the line if I'm healthy myself. Good luck!