Day After

Options
What is your detox after a night of indulgence?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well seeing as your liver, kidneys and skin remove substances in the body which aren't needed... I guess I just do what ever I do on a normal day?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I indulged last night, today I have drank lot's of water and now I am home from a long day at work I am indulging again as I have the calories left to do so. Cheers :)
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I indulged last night, today I have drank lot's of water and now I am home from a long day at work I am indulging again as I have the calories left to do so. Cheers :)

Cheers
  • LivingDeadDad
    LivingDeadDad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well seeing as your liver, kidneys and skin remove substances in the body which aren't needed... I guess I just do what ever I do on a normal day?

Gosh Isaac, good for you. Some of us aren't as amazing as you, you damn troll, and have to do what we have to do but thanks for the reply. Wanker
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You mean booze, right? I don't drink, but when I did, lots of water, some Advil, and usually all the toast or English muffin I could eat.

It helps to drink a lot of water before you go to bed, too. If you live in a warm place, keep the air on the house down if you sweat at night.

There's not much else to do except wait it out. Some say a hair of the dog, but if you're hungover enough, you don't want that, lol.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about detoxing as in removing toxins from your body, or are you talking about trying to get rid of a hang over or help your stomach feel a little less upset due to overeating?
    Isaack was replying to the first one, as one's body doesn't need to detox.
    If you're talking about the latter then hopefully you can get some helpful answers.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

I guess I'm a troll and wanker too (whatever that means), cause I do the same including lots of water.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Gosh Isaac, good for you. Some of us aren't as amazing as you, you damn troll, and have to do what we have to do but thanks for the reply. Wanker

Sign me up for the troll and wanker club. You don't need to "detox", unless you've ingested something that your body can't eliminate, like cyanide, lithium, lead, mercury, or something along those lines. If you've indulged in greasy foods, some simple grains are what I've used to assist the digestion process. Plain or lightly buttered toast, oatmeal, etc. If alcohol, largely the same, knowing that the alcohol will be eliminated in a well known and predictable fashion. In either case, drink plenty of water.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Woot! The trolls are coming out in force in this thread.

I detox by taking a dump in the toilet.