Cals & macros

Options
Can someone help, I've recently start counting macros and trying to get used to it, I've been reaching my % everyday but going 40-50 over on my Cals? This is without entering my exercise for the day where I could burn up to 300 exercising daily? Does this matter as I make up the extra Cals in exercise?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're using MFP then you should be eating back at least a portion of your exercise cals?

some of the items in the database might not be 100% accurate in terms of macro counts equalling calories.
  • KGS01
    KGS01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally don't bother or believe in macros for weight loss. Keeping rough tabs on protein does make sense but not based on a % of macros. Forgive me if any one else disagrees with me, I've lost over 50kg my own way.

The most important thing in weight loss is calories in & out. So you need to look at how much calories your body is using overall (including exercise etc) daily and just eat less than that. Maybe make a 100-500 calories cut depending on how fast you want to loose it.

More calories in = weight gain
    Less calories in = weight loss
    Same calories = weight maintenance
  • TheresaMcCormack1988
    Options
    if you're using MFP then you should be eating back at least a portion of your exercise cals?

some of the items in the database might not be 100% accurate in terms of macro counts equalling calories.

So do I enter in my exercise everyday? Then I would have 100-200 Cals left for the day? My daily allowance is 1861?
  • TheresaMcCormack1988
    TheresaMcCormack1988 Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    KGS01 wrote: »
    I personally don't bother or believe in macros for weight loss. Keeping rough tabs on protein does make sense but not based on a % of macros. Forgive me if any one else disagrees with me, I've lost over 50kg my own way.

The most important thing in weight loss is calories in & out. So you need to look at how much calories your body is using overall (including exercise etc) daily and just eat less than that. Maybe make a 100-500 calories cut depending on how fast you want to loose it.

More calories in = weight gain
    Less calories in = weight loss
    Same calories = weight maintenance

I've done it all myself without counting macros but I'm at a standstill the past 3 months, haven't made any progress so I've decided to give this a go. I'm at a cal deficit of 1861 as it is
  • TheresaMcCormack1988
    TheresaMcCormack1988 Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    L