My battle with anorexia

Options
rznawc949myn.jpg

#transformationtuesday this is not the typical transformation that you may normally see, but still worth sharing. Though the size may not be a huge different my mindset and how I achieved the size are vastly different. In the first picture I was at the lowest weight in my adult life, however I suffered from an eating disorder. Though it was not severe and recovery was fairly simple I was extremely unhealthy. Starving myself and achieving what I thought was a perfect body image did not make me happy. In fact the smile on my face was a mask in a way. I was embarrassed of who I was and had ultimately lost myself. Today through eating healthy and working hard YES I SAID "Working hard" I have achieved my happiest body figure yet. the support I have gotten through my journey have completely transformed my outlook. And I feel fantastic!! Not to mention that many years and 2 children later I have reached the best me I can be to this point

Replies

• deegeyspazms
    deegeyspazms Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an amazing journey you have been on! Very happy for you! Congratulations on your many achievements!
    It sounds like you would be a good candidate for offering support to others!
    :)
  • amandapalmieri
    amandapalmieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an amazing journey you have been on! Very happy for you! Congratulations on your many achievements!
    It sounds like you would be a good candidate for offering support to others!
    :)

thank you so much! the road has not been easy by any means but I feel confident that my story can help others. :)
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nice job gurl! Thanks for sharing!
  • amandapalmieri
    Options
    becky53012 wrote: »
    Nice job gurl! Thanks for sharing!

thank you! ;)

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    You look healthy in your pics which is awesome. ED can be really tough on the body. Congrats on your successful battle it. Stay strong!
  • amandapalmieri
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    You look healthy in your pics which is awesome. ED can be really tough on the body. Congrats on your successful battle it. Stay strong!

I looked good, but I was still unhappy. once I finally realized I needed to focus on more than just my outward appearance, things fell into place. and working for makes it so much more meaningful, and lets face it, who doesn't want to eat? lol thank you for the support

feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!