How often do you step on the scales?!

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Every two days but sometimes I forget. Then once a week.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, because it holds my feet to the fire. When I weighed myself once per week, I tended to get sloppy on weigh-in day. I kept thinking, I can surely make up for these extra calories by next Friday. So in essence, weigh-in day became synonymous with cheat day.

I track my weight on a spreadsheet that I made on Google Docs, and run a weighted seven day average.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Every day the week after my period, then never until the next period. But it took me a few months of weighing every day to figure out that I only lose weight the week after my period anyway.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've weighed almost daily for the past 7 months. It's amazing to see long term progress. I know my daily fluctuations if I've been on track. I lose approx 2 pounds weekly if I've been good. Last two months have been rocky, but I keep tracking weight and food rpdin43l0nfd.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks ago I converted from weighing only once a month to daily weighing, following suggestions from a recent thread (thanks @rabbitjb ). I signed up to fitbit and trendweight.com accounts, and even though I don't have a fitbit gizmo I enter my weight on the fitbit site each morning, and this automatically feeds into trendweight and produces a graph of overall progress.

Previous to this I was always against the idea of daily weighing as I thought it was too obsessive, but it really does help you understand the effects of water weight, sodium, TOM etc and not freak out over temporary overnight gains.

:)@dammitjanet0161 I'm pleased you find it useful
  • Minxi78
    Minxi78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nikeolie wrote: »
    I've weighed almost daily for the past 7 months. It's amazing to see long term progress. I know my daily fluctuations if I've been on track. I lose approx 2 pounds weekly if I've been good. Last two months have been rocky, but I keep tracking weight and food rpdin43l0nfd.jpg

Hi, do you mind telling me what app that is Nikeolie?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm an everyday sorta girl. I keep in mind up and downs happen but the hope is that the lows keep getting lower and the highs get lower too overall.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's myfitnesspal, I have the Fitbit scale and it auto syncs
  • IslandgirlKaren89
    IslandgirlKaren89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Friday after lunch.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up but I dont really pay attention unless something looks off. I give myself +/- two pounds depending on what I ate the day prior, and how I worked out
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    every day...but I'm into trend analysis and I fully understand normal weight fluctuations and they don't bother me...a lot of people get all worked up about them though, and those people should not weigh daily and should also probably do a little research on how their body's actually work.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Monday and friday, I don't care about daily fluctations.
  • amymeagen
    amymeagen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday morning (to make sure that everything was good over the weekend). I then weigh again on Thursday to double check myself for the week. I would drive myself batty if I weigh myself everyday.