Makin' a change!

Options
Hi! I'm Ashley. I presently weigh 245lbs. That's a lot. I would like to weigh 135lbs. That's healthy.

With over 100lbs to lose you can imagine that weight loss has been on my mind a lot. Always. But I've been gradually making changes over the past year. I'd make a change (i.e. stopped drinking all soft drinks) and I'd lose a few lbs and then gain it right back.

This time I'm going all out on a total lifestyle makeover.

For example... I've lived dehydrated in the past to the point where once I ended up in the ER with an IV drip of fluids because my body was so dehydrated that it was rejecting all fluids. Today I've had 10 glasses of water and I'm not done yet.

I used to crave sugary things at every turn. Now, for dessert I have fresh carrots or lowfat yogurt. I switched from whole to skim and have been working out at least 5 times a week (started with 15 min, I'm up to about 45 min now)

I've also started buying organic and avoiding things like aspartame. I really want to do more than lose weight. I want to be healthy and enjoy my life even more.

I'm hoping that having a visual record of what I eat and some people to share ideas with will help me out a little. So here I am.

Hopefully I'll be talking to you guys more soon. :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just seen a post from a member who just broke the 100 lb mark. you can Invite them to be your friend. Maybe you can ask them for advice on how they did it. bigguy00 was his screen name.
    Good Luck to you. Slow and steady.
    The post was in Success Stories
  • dustylcsmith
    dustylcsmith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome aboard!!!