Sports Bras (Topic for the Ladies) :)

Options
Hey everyone, need some advice...

I'm sure I've tried every sports bra out there and cannot find an amazing one that truly makes me feel well-supported AND comfortable. Comfort is a big thing for me because I am a 'sensory' kid who hates tight things (bras, sock elastics, belts, etc).

Can anyone make any recommendations and/or let me know if you've tried the LuLu Lemon bras and if they are worth buying?

If it means anything, I am about a 36-38 D cup at the moment.

Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• jlmarcin
    jlmarcin Posts: 36
    Options
    i would be interested in this, too. I am the same size and its hards to find good ones that last. I currently have a Danskin, but I am thinking its fading fast....
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Enell.

I've just recently dropped from a DD to a D, but the Enell is seriously the best investment I've ever made as far as bras go. I could never find anything supportive enough on store shelves. As a D now, I still can't, so I'm still wearing (and loving) my Enell.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but because my girls are of the D variety, I have to wear two sports bras to make them behave during exercise. Unless you're a B or smaller, there are very few non-tight sports bra options that will still serve its purpose (de-gigglage!)
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Enell.

I've just recently dropped from a DD to a D, but the Enell is seriously the best investment I've ever made as far as bras go. I could never find anything supportive enough on store shelves. As a D now, I still can't, so I'm still wearing (and loving) my Enell.

im looking this up RITE NOW, im excited i hope its as great as you make it sound lol
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering this too, as I bounced through the 30 Day Shred jumping jacks tonight - 38DD right now. I hadn't thought of wearing 2 sports bras at once - that is actually a great idea. Trying that while continuing to check back for advice on a good single sports bra that will get the job done. Thanks for post!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Marika makes great bras.

I was a D, started running, and have since gone down to a C, but this is the only brand of bra I ever felt truly 'supported' in. They have adjustable sides that can shrink (or grow...) as you do, and are seamless on the inside.

When I run, I have actually gotten blisters on my boobs from sweating and the fabric of my bra rubbing against me. Haven't have this problem once with the Marika bras.
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    I am a 34DD now, so finding a supportive sports bra has been unbelievably difficult. I resorted to the internet though, and invested in the "Maia" by Moving Comfort. Moving Comfort has a lot of good options for large-breasted women. It is comfortable, adjustable, but also sexy! It doesn't feel constrictive and it has no seams. I highly recommend it. :-) No awkward and painful bouncing!
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    This may sound bogus but I started 42DD, now a 38D and I've used the mesh back sports bras from target. The mesh material in the back help wisk away sweat and let you breath so it dones't feel so tight. And they compress to hold your boobs in place. I LOVE IT! And they're only like $15 so I don't feel bad when I have to replace them when they get to small :-) Just an idea...
  • aladuke26
    aladuke26 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is the size I am in right now and i cant seem to find one that is supportivie enough. I end up using 2 sportsbras on top of each other esepcially if iam gonna run on the treadmill. If you find one soon, please let me know. :o)

Andrea
  • mpaoce
    mpaoce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have loved (worn) mine so much I can no longer read the tag for the brand! Must be time for a new one. I went to a good running store and one of the female staff helped me picked out a good style and size. With her help, I tried on a lot of bras until I got one that was just right. Contact a running specialty store and ask if the offer sports bra fittings.
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just bought one called Juno by Moving Comfort. I am a 38DD and the girls barely move! I LOVE that sports bra! It was well worth the money!!!
  • becca2006
    becca2006 Posts: 26
    Options
    I would like to know this too - I hate doing jumping jacks and thigns like that because - well, it hurts! (meaning it hurts my chest to be bouncing up and down all the time)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but because my girls are of the D variety, I have to wear two sports bras to make them behave during exercise. Unless you're a B or smaller, there are very few non-tight sports bra options that will still serve its purpose (de-gigglage!)

Haha, I'm a B-Cup and this is very true.
    LOL
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Maybe the only way is to get a tighter sports bra? So they don't flop around LOL...
  • crbruner
    crbruner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing two sports bra's for excersice and sports since I was in my teens, even under my swim suit when I was on the swim team in high school. It's never really made a difference in brand for me. They all are tight, but better a tight bra than feeling like your beating your self to death lol. I will say I have a nike one that has been around since my swim team days, about 5 years, and it has held it's shape and the elastic is still holding up after all the washing and wearing, and a plus I recently squezzed back into it :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and wear the Champion sports bras from Target and they work great. But if those don't work, maybe a sports bra with cups as opposed to one piece of fabric? I've seen them at sporting goods stores!
  • becca2006
    becca2006 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm ordering one of these right now! :) (marika)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got DDs and I too tried everything.....even then Enells. I spent big bucks on that one. It was almost like a vest with like 12 hook all up the middle. I used it when I was doing thai boxing and really needed good support. When I got punched or kicked...they would unhook! After a few minutes I'd have to "rehook"up!! LOL And it was the highest rated bra.

While traveling with some friends we went to a kickboxing class the friend we were visiting taught. Not having a bra, my friend told me to just wear two bras. I did....and it's been the only sports bra I use. They stay put and I get tons of support. I don't even use only sports bras. If it wears out my bras, so what! I'll be buying new ones as I get out of the DDs!
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD, tried several sports bras, hated them all. Most sports bras for bigger cup sizes are made like armored tanks, and feel like that too. All seem to try to stop the bounce from the bottom, when what I really needed was more support on the top. One day out of jumping jack desperation I wrapped a tensor bandage on top of my breasts, and was surprised that it was comfortable and works! So I made my own...cut a tensor bandage to fit once around my chest, added a velcro closure at the ends, and it works perfectly. I can wear it with any bra, even my old stretched ones, and it doesn't squish you like you would think (no more than any sports bra anyway). When it's all sweaty I just throw it in the wash with the rest of my workout clothes, no handwashing required. Best part, it cost me nothing but a cut up tensor bandage and some sew-on velcro...about 10 bucks :) I didn't have to waste a whole day in the fitting room trying on sports bras, and it's completely adjustable as I lose weight. Give it a try!
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm a 36 C and I just bought a Under Armour full support, high impact sports bra. I love it! It covers everything, with out being too tight (Ie: it doesn't make me look flat chested lol). It's a breathable material and has a very thin cup/padding over each breast (it helps give you a bit of shape plus you don't have to worry about your nipples showing or anything haha). It also doesn't have any hooks or anything so you don't have to worry about it coming undone in the middle of the workout :)