Sometimes it's in the hands of the Gods

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wish that would have happened to me. I just gave up.
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this as well, a number of times. Big meal one evening, guilt, sleep, weigh-in, 2-3 pounds less than the day before.

How is that physically possible?
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Lyle Mcdonald says a heavy meal (and alcohol) can trigger a whoosh. Who knows? Congrats, tho! http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

The whoosh theory is really interesting. But even so, for the body to release all that water, don't you need to, erm, use the toilet a lot? How else does the water get released?

I just don't see how you can stuff yourself with food, not eject anything, and drop weight.
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

No you didn't! Well, maybe in your past? But you overcame it! You are recomping now, aren't you? This is for another thread, but I'm interested in your approach (eat at maintenance and lift a lot?)
  • DDAstrid
    DDAstrid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer McChickens and sour filled twizzlers, but to each their own. ;)

;)
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have stalled this week, had 2 birthday parties back to back last weekend..i ate at maintenence, not a deficit and lost 3.5 lbs from sunday to monday morning. It is still gone...

I have no clue if there is a science to it, but i almost always lose if i have an i don't care meal like once a month. Unfortunately i have a bad habit of thinking. .well..i mean it certainly didn't kill me..maybe i can do it again.

Conversely i went and had bww the other night, ate some nasty naked tenders..was well under my calorie goal and gained a lb.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I hit my goal weight the morning after having a (planned) indulgence dinner of deep fried jalapeno peppers. Weight loss is so weird when you look at it day-to-day!

Congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • DDAstrid
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Lyle Mcdonald says a heavy meal (and alcohol) can trigger a whoosh. Who knows? Congrats, tho! http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
    I hit my goal weight the morning after having a (planned) indulgence dinner of deep fried jalapeno peppers. Weight loss is so weird when you look at it day-to-day!

Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Thank you! I must admit I was tempted to have a celebratory binge - but no I've sticking to maintenance. Well done too.
  • DDAstrid
    Options
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    I have stalled this week, had 2 birthday parties back to back last weekend..i ate at maintenence, not a deficit and lost 3.5 lbs from sunday to monday morning. It is still gone...

I have no clue if there is a science to it, but i almost always lose if i have an i don't care meal like once a month. Unfortunately i have a bad habit of thinking. .well..i mean it certainly didn't kill me..maybe i can do it again.

Conversely i went and had bww the other night, ate some nasty naked tenders..was well under my calorie goal and gained a lb.

I know exactly what you mean. I guess the key is not to be disheartened when you're under and appear to gain.
  • DDAstrid
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Aww. Please don't.
  • DDAstrid
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Congratulations!

*goes off to find Oreo pies* ;)

Thanks lovely. ;)