Why do you fear plus size clothing stores?

Options
2»

Replies

• dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have been shopping at plus size stores for most of my adult life. The selection and styles have gotten considerably better in the past few years. I also like the trend of having clothes cut differently depending on your shape because I am curvy with a small waist and getting pants that fit my hips used to be huge in my waste, so I am happy that is changing. Things are more expensive. I have always felt like I deserve nice clothes that look nice and flatter me no matter what my size. Of course I would prefer not to shop in a plus size store and hopefully it will happen soon, but in the mean time I intend to look good.
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hate when stores like Old Navy only sell plus clothing online. It's insulting! Most women are plus sized. We all have our curves in different places and buying online isn't the best option. Most department stores do the same thing. Why can't they sell them in the stores? Wait, probably because they don't make their store look as pretty ( in their opinion). I hope someone wakes up and realize how pathetic this practice is. We need more affordable plus size clothing that's cute and current.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    As a man who used to have to buy in the plus-size store, I just hated that they were ridiculously expensive. Some of the pants and shirts had a $20 mark up on them, and they were much cheaper at "normal" sizes in a regular store.

EXACTLY THIS!!! I used to have to pay 100+ dollars for fashionable jeans, now I can go to the regular stores and pay way less.....I got several awesome jeans recently for under 10$ each.

I also think they are shapeless and not meant to flatter. They assume every big person has a huge waist so shirts I find are always so baggy and the pants had like a huge rise that I could never fill (since I had a smaller stomach in comparison to the rest of me)

I was often tempted to design my own line of plus size clothing for people shaped like me. Now that I am in regular clothing although I have the same shape (hourglass) I find the clothes to be tailored to fit way nicer.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I hate when stores like Old Navy only sell plus clothing online. It's insulting! Most women are plus sized. We all have our curves in different places and buying online isn't the best option. Most department stores do the same thing. Why can't they sell them in the stores? Wait, probably because they don't make their store look as pretty ( in their opinion). I hope someone wakes up and realize how pathetic this practice is. We need more affordable plus size clothing that's cute and current.

Amen!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I remember shopping at a plus size store and there was 1 shirt (same design but in about 15 different patters) and stretchy pants in every color imaginable. There was even a pair of pants that were black and white in the pattern of cow hide. I was like....who in the world designed this stuff??!!!! because my choices were to a.) look like I was a pregnant teenager or b) look like I'm the back half of a 2 person horse/cow costume.

I do know fashion has changed and there are more options for plus size people but I do still think the designers skip right over plus size tweens (regular clothes are too small, the ones that fit are made for adults) hmmm
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    wish more people had mirrors in there house! just because it zips doesn't mean it fits! no matter what size you are, i've seen all size people do this! and i guess its not just that it looks bad...it looks painful! My mom was guilty of this (GOD rest her soul) she wore a size 9 religeously...she needed a 14. she just always wore a sweatshirt to cover up the muffin! why?