New to MFP

Options
So instead of just trying to lose weight on my on I decided to join this site after hearing about it from someone else. I guess I'm just looking for motivation and support. My name is Alli, I'm 37 & am just looking for people who are also trying to lose weight for motivation and support.

Replies

• KnittingKnadine
    Options
    It is a great site and we are pretty much all here for the same reasons you are. :) this website is great for putting what you are eating into perspective.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Alli, Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend, It's a great support system. :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Alli and good luck to you!! This is such a great site, and just full of really amazing, supportive people. :happy:
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard; u will love the fitness pal; im here if u need a friend.
  • anitamartina
    Options
    Hi Alli, Welcome to your mfp journey!:happy:

I took a bit of a break over the long weekend, but I'm excited to get going again.
    Everybody is friendly and supportive. Everything I've accomplished gets at least one or two praises. :bigsmile:

So, I'm going to set mini goals right now for myself - one that isn't too hard but I still have to challenge myself a bit.

Mini-Goal #1: Do twelve work-outs at the gym during the month of June.
    Mini-Goal #2: Login and report my food and activity for at least 25 days in a row.

What are you going to set your mind to this month?

Here's a toast (a can of diet root beer) to a successful June for both of us! :drinker:

Take care.

-Anita
  • emurillo007
    emurillo007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I just joined a week ago to this website because of my coworker. I love this site because it logs my food intake and i can add my excersises..Well hopefully I have lost 1lb this week even though I have not done much except restart going to the gyn and bought a pedometer which I try to make 10,000 steps a day which can be a challange but I try to challange myself.
  • Smfjbegaye
    Options
    Hello, My name is Sandye I joined a few days ago after seeing a friend mention it on Facebook. So far I love it, its really showing exactly what it is that Im eating and I see the changes I need to make. Im tired of the ups and downs of my weight and body image Im ready to finally get the weight down and the image back up!
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    :smile: Hi! Im new to this site also :) Feel free to add me as a friend. Id be happy to lend some advice or support when i can!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Yay Alli! You have no idea how proud I am of you dear ;))

you can do this, I know you can.

;-))

<3

oh I'm Dominique im 25 woman who lost 190 lbs in 2.5 yrs and still going 80 more lbs to go but almost there!!! I live in Maine...small island.. I have 2 boys :D and ALLI ROCKS MY SOCKS!! :D