First week in the program!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm 24 from North Carolina. I've been doing the program for a week today, along with walking at least 2 miles a day. And that's no easy task considering it's 95 degrees here every day, but I'm determined to lose weight. As I said im only 24, and 6 feet tall but last week I weighed in at 360 pounds. Which is ridiucuous. So far just doing the right things and walking that much a day I've lost 13 pounds. This is the first time in my life I've truly been able to lose weight, and it is extremely exciting! I would like to thank everyone that I see posting on the forums, because that is one of the reasons I gave this a shot. The support from people that have no clue who you are, but still want to see you succeed is amazing. This site and it's users ROCK!! Keep up the good work everyone!!

7958133.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Welcome. You will find all the support and help you need. Slow and Steady. Remember it's not a diet it's a new lifestyle.
  • Kickylanea
    Kickylanea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just joined today. I hope that I can do as well as you are. I have a big time problem with sticking to things. I'm praying the social-ness of this site will keep me accountable.
  • cgunter71
    cgunter71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I had a spell in 05 where I went all annorexic and lost about 35 lbs in a month, but then started eating again, and gained it all back plus an extra 20, so this is the first time in my life I'm truly sticking to a diet and changing my life for the better. The social-ness of this site amazes me, but just get a goal and stick to it..you always have the power.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! You can do it! :glasses:

I joined about 17 days ago and have completely fell in love with this community! Everyone supports each other and I feel BAD if I have a bad day because I feel like I'm not just letting myself down, but other people too! So this place really works for me.
  • chrisg71
    chrisg71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss keep it up I just joined a week week ago myself lost 8lbs te support and accountability of knowing how many calories your taking in has been a great help fell free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • kkhall29
    kkhall29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on those ugly 13 pounds. I'm also in NC and know how you feel concerning the heat. Hey think of the bright side, the hotter it is the more calories you burn.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I would love to be your balcony person! what an awesome goal and exciting that you are finding the site helpful. I was blown away when I found it! and am so blessed to know some of the people here. The encouragement and accountability is awesome. I wish you the BEST! You can do it!
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    Hi! Im new to this site also :) Feel free to add me as a friend. Id be happy to lend some support! Congrats on the loss so far!!