Replies

• dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an impossible situation!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I worked in a donut shop and by three weeks I couldn't stand the smell of donuts, let alone eat one. The effect literally lasted for years! I'd bring free donuts home and my brothers would eat them all. Years later, we had free donut Fridays at work and I had them once or twice and couldn't face them again. I asked if they could do bagels once in awhile instead.
  • leanlicorice
    leanlicorice Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, can totally relate! I worked in a continental deli with the most delicious deli meats, cheeses, antipasto, candied nuts, confectionary and high quality chocolate! 10 years later I can still remember the smell of the chocolate! I feel your pain. I read about a slightly strange method of relieving cravings - it was to inhale the food smell and revel in its flavor - you can almost taste it. 9/10 when I was well fed, the sniff method was quite enjoyable and eased the cravings. Over a bit of time, you will forget about it. All the best.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • Sereneinsanity
    Sereneinsanity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, since working here I rarely buy or eat sweets outside of work, I used to have a huge sweet tooth, but now I just dont really desire them. The problem is when I get hungry and the most available thing to snack on is extremely unhealthy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Well, since working here I rarely buy or eat sweets outside of work, I used to have a huge sweet tooth, but now I just dont really desire them. The problem is when I get hungry and the most available thing to snack on is extremely unhealthy.

Bring some from home.
  • lauralash1024
    lauralash1024 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an Italian restaurant which is my absolute favorite. I was actually 20 lbs thinner then believe it or not!! Oh the irony! Haha
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I find that when I'm doing a lot of baking, say around Christmas, I don't really eat as much sweets. I think it's smelling it all day long is more than enough.

Perhaps a good solution is to make sure you always have something a little more healthy with you at work. I keep a box of protein bars and some healthier treats in my desk drawer, for example. That way, if I miss lunch or get hungry in the afternoon I don't get tempted to hit the vending machine.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Bring some protein from home -- cheese, nuts, a thermos of milk. Also some apples or bananas.