Thoughts on Kayla Itsines BBG?

Options
Hey everyone,

Just curious on your thoughts on the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Workout?

My sister recently got it and wanted me to do with her. Is it worth the hype?

Thoughts from people who have done it?

Replies

• gemz829
    gemz829 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love it! Lost just over 28lbs in 12 weeks, also built plenty of muscle in this period. I'd say give it a shot
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not worth the money by all accounts - I haven't personally seen all of it so it may be unfair for me to comment but seen reviews and seen some of the exercise plan when friends have joined up. Seems to be quite basic exercises which you could devise yourself as a daily plan or indeed there are many other free or cheaper options out there. There are also lots of people on here who are willing to offer advise about daily exercise regimes, which is really all it is.
    Of course the success stories look amazing but I think it's a skewed view.
    I'd suggest looking on YouTube for free first and see how you get on.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Psst ..pinterest has the workouts on there for the first 12 weeks and 2.0.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    If she already has it and you're looking for something to do, why not give it a try? It won't cost you anything and you might like it.

Just remember, weight lost comes from a calorie deficit; any workout you enjoy is a good way to help achieve that deficit.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 and love it! Seeing great results too!
  • kateh337
    kateh337 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I'm doing both the workout plan along with her HELP nutrition plan. I've really liked it so far and I've already seen a 3 pound weight loss. I imagine the weight loss will stall as I begin building muscle. I've liked both the fitness and nutrition plans because they are realistic - 30 minute workouts 6 days a week and 1600 calorie daily meal plans. It's been really easy to stick with so far.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm borrowing it from my sister so price isn't a big issue.

I started Week 1 on Monday. So far I like it. I'm pretty sore today after arms, but it's the good kind of sore. I think I'm going to do at least 4 weeks and check my progress.