Am I doing C2K right?

Janelle_Teaches
Janelle_Teaches Posts: 155
edited 2:00AM in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all! I joined a group of friends training using the C2K method..but haven't been able to meet with them (i was in a car wreck..and waiting on insurance to get a new car..until then..no 6am workouts for me!)

so..we all just finished our first workout..and everyone is telling me how much pain they are in..I did mine on the treadmill (not outside) and I feel okay...what am I doing wrong?

Here is what I did...

5 minutes- walking at 2.0
1 minute- joggin 3.0
90 seconds- walking 2.0
(reapeat the 1 minute and 90 seconds until I got to 20 minutes)
1 - minute- jogging 3.2
90 seconds- walking 2.5
Repeat next until i was at 25 minutes, then walked 2.0 until i reached 30

so..did I do the first day right? ah! I am so confused!! I am also the biggest of the four women..so I should hurt more? Any help would be greatly appreciated..:smile:

Replies

• caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    seems to me thats about right, what are you using as a guide? I started last week but I use the app on the ipod touch and mine was 5 min warmup walk, repeat jogging 60 sec, walking 90 secs for 20 min and 5 min cooldown. Yours is different becasue its on the treadmill. Its not a bad thing you aren't sore, you're in better shape than you think you are! You'll feel some soreness in the weeks to come most likely, be happy its not right away! :)
  • thanks! ;) I got my programe from this website (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml?cmp=18-1). I upped the speed because I realized I could and still not fall off! :)

One of my friends that is doing it with me said I don't hurt as much because I did it in the air conditioned house! (I live in Alabama..it got to 100 degrees here today! ah)

thank you for your reply..i feel a little better now :)
  • sweetdosia
    sweetdosia Posts: 28
    If you want to hurt ie.push yourself harder, which is what you want to do when you're working out, maybe up the speed.
    I do C25k and I walk at 3 and run at 4.7. Maybe up your speed to 3.3. The more you hurt after a workout, the better.
    Also, running on cement is harder than the treadmill. There is some cusion on a treadmill.
  • Thanks!! I am going to up it tomorrow when I try again :). save 2.0 for warm up and cool down! lol :)

tomorrow is another try! C25K...look out! :)
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    What is the incline on your treadmill? I read a post recently that leaving your treadmill incline at zero is basically walking downhill. Maybe bump your incline up to 1 or 2 and see if you feel a difference.
  • nasty92
    nasty92 Posts: 1 Member
    The more you hurt is NOT better. It is ok to hurt a little, but alot is not good. You will be so sore the next day that you won't want to go back on the treadmill. Take it slow, like you're doing and gradually add the speed. Eventually, you will build up endurance.
  • maisie5
    maisie5 Posts: 1
    Janelle,

This is alot of what I was doing also. I think that if you would have started out immediately doing this you would be a little sore. But you have been walking and remember old Jillian....

Keep it up and remember just because you are not sore does not mean you are not working out.

Love ya and I'm very proud of you!

Aunt Sandy
This discussion has been closed.