SAHM 5/23-5/29

Options
13»

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    LOL what can I say I LOVE SQUATS! It is by far my fav challenge that I have taken on in the last 2 months. I just finished that challenge though :( I think I will still keep up with doing squats at least 3 times a week. I like how it is making my butt and thighs look.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss Barb - woo hoo!

Ah, so our version of memorial day is in November when the armistice from WW1 was signed as that was a jaw-dropping loss of life in the military for us (880,000 from a population 45.4 million. As a comparator there were 116,708 military lives lost in the US from a population of 92 million) and it has stayed at that date though obviously it now commemorates military lives lost in subsequent combat. I find how different countries mark this sort o thing very interesting, rememberance day is extremely solemn here and all about the lives lost, commemorated via a silence nationwide at 11.11am (when the armistice was actually signed). When I lived in Russia, which saw the most shocking loss of life in both wars, they have 'victory day' in May, and they have fireworks and all sorts and everyone is really happy. I found that rather...incongruous i guess is the word but that's probably only because I'm used to all the focus on the lives lost, rather than on the conflict ending which is what they are trying to focus on.

My DVD is this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-Solution-Blast-Belly/dp/B001J1O852/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306602718&sr=8-1

I really do like the format etc and am torn between trying another from the same range and getting a Jillian wotsit one.

I am completely knackered now as have been running about like a blue-arsed fly all day sorting stuff for our hols, finally though I think we are pretty much ready and we leave very first thing in the morning - woo hoo!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm not a SAHM technically :blushing: My scheduled hours are every other weekend, but I pick up a week night here and there if people want days off. But mostly I am home during the week.

GUESS WHAT! I lost 4.4 lbs this week lol. Okay, not really - when I weighed in last week I was up 2.2 with no explanation so I'm guessing it was bloat or something. I went from 176 to 171.6 and totally didn't believe it. I pulled out another scale, even, but it said the same thing :laugh: My goal was to be out of the 170s by next weekend which may now be doable! Of course normally after a good loss I have an itty bitty one, so we'll see.

Next weekend is our vacation and I can't wait!! There will be lots of good southern food and alcohol :drinker:
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bmfrazie - I hope it's nothing serious with your hand. Ouch! Oh man...

Barb/BlueRose - I find that these things always work out for the very best. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Katie/Katapple - Happy 30th! I hope your weekend is fantastic.

The weather is not holding up so well for our condo complex's pool opening celebration. I got two new swimsuits, too! :sad: :laugh: We met up with a couple from church for lunch at Olive Garden earlier, and that was nice. Somehow, the lunch made me very nauseous and I puked a bit afterward.:ohwell:

No plans for the weekend except to get together with said friends on Monday and bring a banana pudding. How I'm going to get out of having a bowl of that, I don't know! I may have to chalk it up and pay the piper come scale day.

Hope your weekend is fabulous!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi girls! i know i've been quiet lately. i've been very focused on schooling dd2. :) today i got a major workout in--97 min with 42 of them straight jogging. haven't been hungry much today. but i will be sure to eat an apple to up my fruits and veges for the day. i am VERY proud of myself for resisting the chips and the cake and the ice cream at a bday party i took my son to. also, got to enjoy the pool for the party too. today was in the mid 80s. :)

my plans for the next two days are to continue my AM walk/runs since dh is home. also hoping to get some family photos hung up. and monday is cleaning day. i'm working on a 2x/month cleaning schedule with each cleaning split over 2 days--one upst, one downst. i'm hoping it will stick b/c i really don't want to clean weekly anymore.

wildcat and barb--congrats on the losses!
    shoppie--enjoy your holiday!

and welcome to the new ladies!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I hope that you all had a great long weekend! We kept super busy, spent time with friends by the pool and had a great time. Getting back to 'normal' today is super challenging. At least it is a short week! My parents are coming to visit for the weekend on Saturday, so I have to keep myself on track in getting ready. Since it is officially summer now, and I am notorious for getting off track, I am going to set a weekly goal for myself each week (mostly based on where I knew I fell short the week before). My goal for the week is to drink water--8 glasses a day, and to reach for the water before I reach for something sugary etc. That means that before I have iced tea or a diet coke with lunch, I better have had 4 glasses of water already, and by dinner I better have had all of my water for the day too. We'll see how it goes.

Have a good one ladies!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Today on the morning walk to the bus stop we started talking about the fact that he only has 8 days left of school and thus meaning I only have 8 days left of working out ALONE! How do you guys stay on track over the summer with your workouts? Do you try to build in extra fitness time with your kids or do you workout when your Hubby gets home?
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey there, everyone! I hope your weekend was fabulous. We spent time with some new friends, ate way too much of some great food, and spent lots of time together as a family. Very blessed!

I'm spending a not-so-small fortune today to sign my daughter up for summer day camp. As a kid, I always went because my mom worked. I would have pulled my hair out AND hers if I had to stay home. The only thing to do at home here is go to the pool, and there's only so much swimming I wanna do all day, every day. My hubby's not in love with the idea, but he had a sibling to hang out with growing up so he doesn't get it. My DD & I are singletons and we need things to do! I will need to bring in some income over the summer to support this endeavor. I will be working hard in and on my business as a coach and an info-preneur.

Have a great week!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    bmfrazie~I do it both ways I will workout with the little ones around or when the hubby gets home. Which ever I feel like doing that day.:happy: For me it was all about teaching the kids what is expected of them when I work out with them around. (really don't think I want to kick them in the head and I am sure they don't want that either. :laugh: ) Just work it out the way that works the best for you.

Nicole~Even the kids that have siblings to play with get bored during the summer. Man my kids "eat me alive"! :laugh: The key is keeping them busy. I am hoping that I can keep them busy and entertained this summer. Way to go on the summer day camp. I wish I could do the same but that would be a fortune for my "army". :laugh:

I am hoping now that summer vacation is around the corner for us (last day of school is Friday) that I will be able to actually get going on riding my bike. It has been a joke trying to ride between the rain and cleaning the school. However now that school is going to be out I will be able to get my work done in two days rather than 5 days and will be able to do it in the morning. So I can have my riding bike buddy with me (my friend works during the day but has the summer off she is a teacher).
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi!
    I'd love to join you all. I'm a 35-year old SAHM to a 3-year old little girl and a 6-month old baby boy. June 1st is my "Day 1" and I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds....down to 160 from 210. How I HATE typing that number! :( Would love to help support you all and be supported on this journey!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    HI!
    ugh this week has been HELLISH lately.

I've hit a plateau...

I have to take the rest of the week off from working out..due to pulled muscles and a hurt wrist, LOL.

Well see if I can JUMP back into this Monday or so, hm?
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    quickie--

from weight watchers top 10 road trip snacks

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=13941&sc=3010
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    YAY!!! This is exactly the kind of group I was looking for!!!
    I am a SAHM to 3 little kiddos - my son is 6 and my two daughters are 5 and 3!!!

I started tracking my food intake last week manually but then found this great site and am hooked!!!
    We just came back from Mexico on the 23rd of May and seeing all those women in their bikini's made me want to get my butt in gear and tone my body. Although I am not overweight (150) for my height (5"9) I still need to tone up all that pregnancy flab - you moms know what I'm talking about!!!! I was on a roll last week, but Saturday my son broke his arm on the trampoline and living in the hospital over the weekend and eating garbage food wasn't so great - so I'm back with a vengeance this week and hope to keep my calorie intake at 1200.

So now you know a little bit about me - feel free to friend me as I would love to get to know others in this commmunity.
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    Seriously how could I have missed this thread! Yay! I am SAHM to a busy 2 year boy. I am also a military wife to a fabulous & hot man :love: He gets paid to stay in shape which is SO not fair...I want to get paid. That would be fabulous motivation! :laugh: We've been married for 6 years and live in California! We love it out here!

I started using MFP about a month ago on my iphone but then I discovered the website and it was all over for me. I try to work out 5 days a week but I mainly shoot for 3 times a week. I need to tap into the free fitness stuff on our cable on the days I don't make it to the gym. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and to stay on track! :smile:

Hope everyone has a fabulous hump day!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new moms!

The holiday weekend was rocky food wise. We day camped with some friends, played and ate at the campground but went home to sleep so my little ones would sleep better and take care of the dog. I had several hand fulls of various chips, chocolate covered raisins and too many hotdogs. I didn't gain anything but it wasn't beneficial either. Today is shopping day/payday so time to restock the fridge. It was so empty I washed all the shelves last night.

I also ordered my new swimsuit today, first bikni in a few years so hopefully it looks okay when it gets here. I have to order because my size is not readily found anywhere. I am now down to a 32DD from a 34F finding swimsuits to fit me is a struggle.

Goal for June is to lose the last 3 pounds and drop a percent or two of body fat. My early morning EVO class is now over, yippie! I am on my own with what I've learned. I think I'll be okay, I worked a good lower body circuit yesterday and am mildly sore today so I think I did all right. Upper body is on the list for tomorrow. More cardio is needed I'm under in that so far this week but now that school is out it will take a few days to tweak the new schedule.

Have a great day ladies!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    New monthly thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/254099-sahm-6-1-6-30

Helping Katie out.
  • crshinn
    crshinn Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi new moms! (I'm actually a new mom too. This is only my second post. :tongue: ) I already have something in common with all of you. 2BabyMama, we are the same age. HeatherFeather, we have daughters the same age. Mama Corn, we both live in California.

Today was my weigh-in day and I was up a pound. :frown: We had a big party for Memorial Day and family members visiting all weekend and it definately took it's toll. On the up side, I just got back from the gym and one of the ladies that I've never spoken to in my zumba class came up to me and told me that she could tell that I have lost weight since starting the class. That made me feel so good! :happy: Isn't it funny how a compliment from a stranger can mean so much?
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Ugh I am back to 225...we found out the problem was..

and FINALLY went shopping for new clothes..and saying goodbye to those baggy pants that even a belt wont help up LOL.