Cyclist diet help needed

Options
mikeeats
mikeeats Posts: 23 Member
Do any cyclist out there have any suggetions on what works for them on the bike that won't kill your daily net calories intake and also keeps you from bonking? I want to be able to ride strong for 30-50 miles three times a week without eating too much but also want to make it up the three mile hill at the end of the ride.

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I take GU Chomps about every 45 minutes of biking/running, only 100 calories but you get the carbs you need.
  • conway3
    conway3 Posts: 8
    Options
    I recently completed a 1/2 Ironman. When I train, I take 1/2 of a banana and apple slices to eat after about mile 30. I usually ride 55-70mi/day on training weekends. I go for the green/yellow bananas anyway, and riding these hold up better than ripe ones. Be careful in packing them or you will end up with a new flavor of Gu. :bigsmile:
  • theladywhistler
    Options
    I've been looking for an energy boost to replace sugar free red bull. I know that stuff is so bad for you over time but it certainly does work!!!
  • theladywhistler
    Options
    Oh there's a drink called Verve that I believe is sold directly via the company or distributor which is supposed to be very good. I haven't tried it yet but will soon.