I'm obese and I need friends!

Options
I need friends, lots! People who will motivate me. I just created this profile and I need to lose over 80 pounds. I've tried to lose weight in the past, but I've always failed.
Please add me or leave a message on here so I can add you! Thanks :)

Replies

• ponychris
    ponychris Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey :)
    Is there anyone looking for supporters? ;)
  • NanaAnne511
    NanaAnne511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to support you. I am also obese and recently had weight loss surgery. Fitness pal helps me track ex and food, but I know what it is to be hungry all the time. Track all that you eat and write down all exercise, even if it is only 5 min.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn, I am half way to goal (almost) 50lbs gone and another 57 to go, you can do this, it is not easy or we'd all be skinny. Feel free to add me.
  • mbaity39
    mbaity39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn! I too am on this long hard road with you! Feel free to add me.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (anyone!). I started out with 50lbs to lose, and I'm down to about 18 to go. I'd love to help support and motivate anyone I can! :)
  • one2bhealthy
    one2bhealthy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, i was gonna have the gastric sleeve and went through all the tests and this psychiatrist is dragging my therapy way to long, i have been making great progress, and i am still not cleared for surgery so.............. i am going to do this on my own with you guys. i have 91 lbs to lose. there is no turning back for me, i am pre diabetic have a fatty liver and high cholesterol. i start counting tomorrow. i will do this!!
  • katie3403
    katie3403 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 80 pounds to go as well. I'm here if you need a buddy.
  • teachertakeoff
    teachertakeoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 80 pounds to lose as well. It's in us to do it! We've got this!
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • McOs1988
    McOs1988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me :smile: Lets motivate each other ... you got this :wink:
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking for people to surround myself with for motivation, accountability and to get through this together! I am trying to lose 100lbs and want all the partnerships I can get. This is a road many people face and none of us should do it alone :)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to support you.

Also, analyse why you failed last time and in previous times and work out strategies to avoid those things happening again. Strategies really help me but they must be good strategies. The strategy of low calories and lots of exercise will lead to failure. If you understand enough about nutrition and how your body works its not too hard to see why that would fail. Nevertheless, in my case, i worked out that a lot of exercise doesn't work for me after numerous successful weight loss attempts following by recurring weight gain. That's because I was unable to sustain the exercise for various reasons. I notice some people can do it for a long time but there are many things that bring people unstuck. In my case, once it was an injury from overtraining. Once it was depression. Another time it was a new job. So whatever strategies you come up with, make sure you are able to do them for the long term and if you start something and find its not working, then change it.