Low carb - phase 2

i think it has been a week since I wrote something here. Phase 1 has ended yesterday thus ending the virtual no carb.
Weight loss has been incredible with 5,5 kg in exactly 3 weeks, decreasing my dress size. My energy level has been very high during the whole period with as single downside that I had trouble going to bed in the evening. I still had the energy to do plenty and then it was late until I got to sleep.
So I upped my sports to use this energy. I even biked to work 3 times in the past week. Only the jogging doesn't improve. I expect this will improve once my muscles are used to their higher level of activity
But now phase 2. So, what is changing. In the coming weeks Ican eat a daily portion of yoghourt and fruit. So I started my day with a cup of strawberries and Greek yoghourt. What a great change after 3 weeks of all variations of eggs.

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    The majority of your weight loss will be water weight. As soon as you add carbs back the weight will come back on, Sorry. If you are eating at a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    The majority of your weight loss will be water weight. As soon as you add carbs back the weight will come back on, Sorry. If you are eating at a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what.

So this doesn't happen, increase your carb intake by 10g a week until you stop losing weight and gain. Then go back down 10g. This is where your carb intake should be. Obviously if you go from 50g of carbs to 250g carbs in one hit you will put weight on. Also don't dive straight into the white bread and pasta, start with low carb to medium carb then have the occasional high carb. The same as in a calorie deficit you don't go from low fat to pastry every day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I am in awe of those who have the head for all the complicated rules different dietary plans entail

Good on your commitment though ..hope you continue to succeed through to more fat loss
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member

That's just restating the energy balance equation. If you are losing weight you are using more than you are eating. If you are losing weight you have a deficit. If you have a deficit you are losing weight. Yippee Doo !
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    katiadef wrote: »
    i think it has been a week since I wrote something here. Phase 1 has ended yesterday thus ending the virtual no carb.
    Weight loss has been incredible with 5,5 kg in exactly 3 weeks, decreasing my dress size. My energy level has been very high during the whole period with as single downside that I had trouble going to bed in the evening. I still had the energy to do plenty and then it was late until I got to sleep.
    So I upped my sports to use this energy. I even biked to work 3 times in the past week. Only the jogging doesn't improve. I expect this will improve once my muscles are used to their higher level of activity
    But now phase 2. So, what is changing. In the coming weeks Ican eat a daily portion of yoghourt and fruit. So I started my day with a cup of strawberries and Greek yoghourt. What a great change after 3 weeks of all variations of eggs.

Great job!

If you are burning off the carbs you add
    You will not store glycogen or add back water weight associated with it.

I have been on low to moderate carb for almost 2 years and if has worked fine.

It is more of a permanent way of eating for me. And I also do lots of exercise and normal living on 60-100 carbs a day depending on my activity level and expected CO.

The CICO aspect of weight loss always matters and it will get tougher the closer you are to goal

Great job and hang in there!!
  • FireYankee
    FireYankee Posts: 45 Member

This isn't how this works. LOL

Living CKD lifestyle, I don't "regain" my lost weight when I carb load.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    mjwoodcum wrote: »

The majority of those who cut carbs aren't living CKD. They aren't cycling anything. They cut out all carbs because they are "evil" and when they finally give up because it's not sustainable they start eating regularly and re-gain most if not all the weight they lost by depriving themselves of necessary food.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Kexessa wrote: »
    mjwoodcum wrote: »

The majority of those who cut carbs aren't living CKD. They aren't cycling anything. They cut out all carbs because they are "evil" and when they finally give up because it's not sustainable they start eating regularly and re-gain most if not all the weight they lost by depriving themselves of necessary food.

Well it's always good to see someone with a positive attitude. You know, someone who shows encouragement. (sarcasm if you didn't recognise it)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I am in awe of those who have the head for all the complicated rules different dietary plans entail

Good on your commitment though ..hope you continue to succeed through to more fat loss

Agreed. OP, sounds like you aren't having any issues adapting to the diet, so I hope your success continues for the long term.
  • katiadef
    katiadef Posts: 17 Member
    I am exactly 1 month into my diet and 1 1/2 weeks into phase 2. I have lost 6,5 kg in that period. My body is not only getting a better shape, but also getting into shape.
    One of the points I had trouble with was my running. I just couldn't get to run my 7 km round, let alone increase to the 10 km I used to run easily a few years ago. So I started doing interval at least twice a week. And yesterday I managed to do the run with only 1 short walk halfway. Coming from a frustratibg 5 walks a week ago, this has been a real motivator!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Congrats! It sounds like this way of eating is a good fit for you. :)

When you add the carbs in, consider doing it just before your exercise. That way your body will use those carbs for fuel for a bit of added energy. @KittensMaster is a pro at doing that so he can do some really big workouts.

Good luck!