Udon noodles

Options
finny11122
finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
Hey guys and gals. I bought some udon noodles and am looking for some tasty ingredient ideas.
What culinary delights ye got for me ?

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use mine in with stirfrys...I cook up all my veggies and then add them at the last minute with a touch of sauce...either teriyaki or oyster sauce usually.
  • finny11122
    Options
    I use mine in with stirfrys...I cook up all my veggies and then add them at the last minute with a touch of sauce...either teriyaki or oyster sauce usually.

teriyaki sounds good. ill try that :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nabeyaki Udon: m.allrecipes.com/recipe/228898/japanese-nabeyaki-udon-soup/

Nice recipe! Thanks. Now I know what I'll be having for lunch next week.
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at some low calorie stuff then you can make it in a soup noodle form (so the same with nabeyaki udon) but what you would put in should be something like seaweed (wakame - not sure if you can find it but would be good with a dried one), spring onions chopped into small pieces, and possibly fake crab meat or something with fish ball type of protein. Spinach can do for some green. If you do stir-fry, the calories will go up lol.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Eat them with fried tofu in a broth. That's one way its done in Japan.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Tobiko and kimchi
  • finny11122
    Options
    thanks for the help everyone. ill be trying these :smile:
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love these. I boil the noodles in broth. Take the noodles out,save broth simmer mung bean sprouts,snow peas,mushroom.Add PB2 or peanut butter 1Tbs,low sodium soy sauce 2-3 Tbs,lime juice,dash or more siricha sauce.Add back to noodle, cook briefly 1-2 minutes. Top with toasted sesame seeds and 1Tbs crushed dry roasted nuts. OMG is this good
  • finny11122
    Options
    conniehgtv wrote: »
    I love these. I boil the noodles in broth. Take the noodles out,save broth simmer mung bean sprouts,snow peas,mushroom.Add PB2 or peanut butter 1Tbs,low sodium soy sauce 2-3 Tbs,lime juice,dash or more siricha sauce.Add back to noodle, cook briefly 1-2 minutes. Top with toasted sesame seeds and 1Tbs crushed dry roasted nuts. OMG is this good

sounds really good. nice one
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree, that last one sounds amazing! And I have some mushrooms I need to use up!