holiday in 2 weeks time

Options
I am 2 weeks away from my holiday - I have been working out in the past couple of months but I had about 4 week break over a month ago. Now I got back to a good condition with height 6f (184cm), weight 75 kg and fat 10.6%. still I need some good workout routine to shape up a little quicker before my holiday. any advice guys?

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Nothing you will do can improve level of fitness or appearance in two weeks. So, start last summer?
  • diods87
    diods87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been working out since January so and havent really been off from a gym for too long so its not that I am expecting a miracle program and start from 0. I am sort of ok weight-wise I am just looking for some 2 weeks intense programme
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Still won't help you.
    Most programs take weeks to show results.

You are okay weight wise but want to decrease fat and increase muscle? It's called recomposition and takes years.
    All you could do is eat at a defecit and continue lifting to lose fat and retain muscle, however at your current weight I wouldn't do it.
    Honestly, at 10.6% your bf is great, probably much better from the other guys you'll see on your vacation. Just continue what you are doing and don't stress it.

Eta: assuming you are on a good structred progressive overload program.
  • diods87
    Options
    I havent really got a gym program.. I have been doing gym 3 times a week on and off for the past 8 months or so... I think what I do need is a proper weekly routine so I can see the results. At the minute I feel like my workout is all over the place...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you're already at 10% body fat, what are you hoping to attain in two now weeks for a vacation? Is there going to be a posing stage as part of the holiday?
  • AsISmile
    Options
    diods87 wrote: »
    I havent really got a gym program.. I have been doing gym 3 times a week on and off for the past 8 months or so... I think what I do need is a proper weekly routine so I can see the results. At the minute I feel like my workout is all over the place...

Go on a progressive overload lifting program, it will make all the difference long term. Just know nothing is going to change before your vacation.
    Also this
    DavPul wrote: »
    If you're already at 10% body fat, what are you hoping to attain in two now weeks for a vacation? Is there going to be a posing stage as part of the holiday?

Anyway, recommended beginner lifting programs:
    - stronglifts 5x5
    - ICF 5x5
    - Starting strenght
    - New rules of lifting
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Diet is the only thing that will help in 2 weeks. Too late for exercise to have much of an effect really.
  • diods87
    Options
    thanks for your comments. you are right - I wont do magic in the next two weeks I can only keep working out and when I am back from my holiday I will need to set myself a new workout routine that will challange my muscles and make them grow. once I have the new routine in place I will also adjust my diet to it to make sure I do not eat too many carbs and increate protein intake. Also need to remember about having a meal every 3 hours.. cause at the minute I seem to be having a breakfast, lunch, and dinner. in between I only have an apple or banana, and not much protein in my meals either. I believe I should have some protein in each meal to enable muscles grow.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'd say is you would get a larger initial water weight loss with a low carb diet as a result of glycogen and associated water depletion. Probably the only thing that will help in 2 weeks!
  • AsISmile
    Options
    I'd advice you to go check out the recomp thread in the maintenance sub forum and the beginners bulking guide thread in the weight gain forum for more nutritional info on the best macros for weight training.