That moment when you realize ...

Options
... you're going to be one of those "after" pictures one day!

Who else can see it now instead of just vaguely dreaming about it?

Replies

• schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm down almost 30 pounds and can see/feel such a difference. I'm so happy where I am that I'm less worried about where I'm going - if that makes any sense. I'm eating right, exercising and committed to good health, so I'm confident this will result in more weight loss. But for the first time EVER, I'm actually enjoying the journey and living a lifestyle that I can stick with permanently. I've learned so much from MFP!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can see it and I'm excited about it. Not an 'if' but a 'when'!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Me. It's almost frightening. It's unsettling. I'm having some trouble with it. Some days, I'm happy about it, other days it seems like it isn't real.

I've been fat since I was 14 years old.

I don't know how to accept that I'm not...not really. So strange and bizarre.

Every time I start getting used to one thing, I drop a size and have to get used to more new stuff. Since I keep losing, I keep having to deal.

I'm sure it will all even out when I'm done losing, but it's just weird.

Luckily, I have lots of loose skin, so I'll never have to deal with a good body! ;):smiley:
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    schillewis wrote: »
    Absolutely! I'm down almost 30 pounds and can see/feel such a difference. I'm so happy where I am that I'm less worried about where I'm going - if that makes any sense. I'm eating right, exercising and committed to good health, so I'm confident this will result in more weight loss. But for the first time EVER, I'm actually enjoying the journey and living a lifestyle that I can stick with permanently. I've learned so much from MFP!

Same here - this is the first time I've found something sustainable and healthy, and it's really exciting! Oddly enough, though, I think I'm so happy with where I'm going that I'm less preoccupied with where I am now, or at least less preoccupied by negative thoughts because I know I'm going to keep improving.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yup. Now I'm regretting not taking that "before" photo. Oh, well, too late now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!