Greek Yogurt - Non fat plain - what to do with it?

Options
2»

Replies

• becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do banana, chia seeds, some vanilla extract and peanut butter. Or strawberries, banana, chia seeds and raw honey. Raspberries are good too and I do throw in spinach each time. I hate plain nonfat yogurt so the peanut butter or raw honey make it taste soon much better.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, raspberries. One of my mfp friends mixes jam in hers so I keep meaning to try that.
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    try salt and mint! mix with some milk to make a Lebanese drink which will surprise you
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    mcconch6 wrote: »
    try salt and mint! mix with some milk to make a Lebanese drink which will surprise you

Yeah. That stuff is *good* - refreshing!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of sour cream. On tacos, with chips as a snack, whatever.

Also, dry salad dressing packets. Hidden Valley (dry ranch seasoning) and Greek makes a nice dip.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Google recipes with yogurt. You will have lots to choose from, or try low calorie recipes with yogurt.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I use it daily as a base for smoothies. Greek fat free plain yogurt, some kind of liquid (usually 4oz apple juice) and whatever fruits/veggies your heart desires.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Honey/Molasses drizzle and granola.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I mix in crystal lite packets, 10 calories and sweet.
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I add a little honey to it for sweetness along with strawberries & granola.. yummy & filling!!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I like to put cinnamon, blueberries and a tiny bit of maple syrup...usually for a dessert. I also usually get 2% because I prefer that to nonfat.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    this morning I had 1/2 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 1/8 cup of quick oats, 1/2 cup drained rinsed mandarin oranges and a sprinkling of flax mill. Like a thick & chunky, very fruity pudding. So good.

Usually do the same thing with any other fruit...faves in my house are fresh pineapple, pitted chopped cherries, blackberries and occasionally chopped banana and pecans.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    It's really nice on boiled grapefruit, I also make a tzatziki sauce, very yummy

^This. Basically any recipe calling for sour cream, I use the Greek yogurt instead.

I also like to add granola and honey to the top. :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Make chicken tikka masala - then top with more yogurt!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Also, I find that I enjoy eating 2% plain yogurt SO much better than nonfat.

Me too. I'm not afraid of dairy fat. I'd rather have a few more calories from fat than a few more calories from added sugars.

Sadly many stores have tons of shelf-space allocated to 0% fat yogurts - often with excess sugar - and hardly any to proper Greek yogurt with 2% or 5% fat.

As for what to use it on, nothing new from me. I have it with berries 75% of the time for breakfast. Plain gets used in place of sour cream; to reduce the amount of mayo in some dishes; a dollop on top of Indian food (yum) or some soups or stews I make; on burritos, etc.