Newly engaged looking to change my life!

Options
hi all, I am newly engaged and can't even wrap my head around possibly trying on wedding dresses. I want to lose a lot of weight and I need all the emotional support I can get!

Replies

• laynelayne
    laynelayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also I live in south orange NJ!
  • francesca_taylor
    francesca_taylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya. Congratulations on your engagement. I also got engaged recently and am dreading trying on wedding dresses. Im a serial yoyo dieter and want to lose weight and keep it off before during and after the wedding. You can do it! :)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! First starting a work out regimen/life style change can seem quite intimidating initially. I would suggest reading through some of the great info/threads listed on the site and determining the best plan for the goals that you are aspiring to achieve. I (re)started my journey in May on MFP and I have lost 12 pds. I am taking a slower pace because even though I work out "lots", I am not trying to cut back too much on my eating. lol Good luck!
  • AirportJo
    AirportJo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Getting married is a massive motivator to lose weight. I managed to lose and reach my target before my big day and felt like a princess!!
    Good luck x
  • lilie710
    lilie710 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats from Colonia, NJ!! I remember that when I was planning my wedding I actually put weight on due to the stress. I am sure with all the tips and information on here you´ll do just fine!
  • laura5432015
    laura5432015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I'm in the same boat. I'm refusing to set a date until I'm not a heffer! Haha. Feel free to add me :-)
  • KirstyBabesX
    KirstyBabesX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! Can't wait til I'm the size I want to be then I can get dress shopping! Feel free to add :)
  • laynelayne
    laynelayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! For those who have accomplished what I'm calling "mission wedding dress" how did you handle the pressure and not go crazy? Lol

To the lovely ladies also newly engaged, I'm looking forward to going thru this journey with you!!! <3