Green tea does curb the appetite!

Options
abyssfully
abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
I swear that since I've been drinking green tea in the evenings I haven't wanted to snack.

Just thought I'd pass along a tip :)

(Also, eating a bigger breakfast seems to help a bunch, too!)

Replies

• dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am not a big breakfast person.....and I have green tea in the morning (usually 3 bags) and it really helps me until lunch.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i dont think its supposed to curb appetite..but its supposed to help with your metabolism
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've started to try adding green tea rather than coffee.............BUT I LOVE MY COFFEE!!!. Trying different flavors of green tea and after seeing your post I think I will try a bit harder! :smile:
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i dont think its supposed to curb appetite..but its supposed to help with your metabolism
    They say it does!

"Green tea appears to demonstrate the ability to suppress appetite, although a number of mechanisms may be at work. The major appetite suppressant factor lies behind its effect on norepinephrine and dopamine. These two peptide hormones, known as catecholamines, activate the sympathetic nervous system; one of the known effects includes a reduction in the desire for food. Researchers believe that ECGC, one of the most active compounds in green tea, mediates this effect by inhibiting the breakdown of an enzyme that would normally break down the catecholamines."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/132371-does-green-tea-suppress-your-appetite/#ixzz1O5jzt2VN
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... maybe I'll also cut down on coffee and switch to at least some green tea. The caffine in tea actually works for me better than coffee, but I like the taste of coffee better.