DANGIT. HELP.

Options
HELP. This morning i was so tired so i slept in and skipped the gym. I slept through my breakfast time so i drove through tim hortons on the way to work and got a cherry danish and chocolate chill (frozen drink). After, i added it in mfp. The Danish was 350 cals and the drink was nearly 700. When i read it i still had half left so i dumped it. But now i feel *kitten* and dont have enough calories left for the rest of the day. Lol now i just want to binge everything and write off today but i know i shouldnt. ♡ support please?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have a day at maintenance, move on.

No big deal
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You're being too hard on yourself. That isn't sustainable.
  • BIGChrisCB
    BIGChrisCB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    writing off one day isn't gonna hurt you. so the fact that you splurged one day wont do any damage, what's gonna hurt you is if you try to starve out the rest of the day or compensate the next. so just go about your day on your diet as you normally would and just resume your normal routine tomorrow. don't get yourself down we all mess up it's gonna happen its human nature. just look at the bright side you got an awesome Danish and a pretty tastey drink.
  • Iverson222
    Iverson222 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You are being hard on yourself. It was just one meal and it's still early in the day. There are so many filling things that you can have for lunch/dinner that won't break your calorie bank. Plus there's still plenty of time to get out for a walk or some exercise later today. Just keep pluggin' along!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Continue as you would and then do better tomorrow. One day is a drop in the bucket and in reality will have very little noticeable effect. Having a day of eating out, going to parties, celebrating holidays or even having the odd high calorie drink is not the end of the world or your goals. When you walk down the sidewalk and trip and fall, do you just lay there and say "Well, I tripped, no sense in getting back up. I'll just lay here forever."? No. You get up, brush yourself off and keep walking.

So log your intake, eat what you planned for the rest of the day and tomorrow try to do better. Just don't make a habit out of it.
  • losingitwithkat
    losingitwithkat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol i have some serious OCD and it is veryyyy hard for me to go on without perfection. I understand how silly it sounds, but i cant help it.
  • losingitwithkat
    Options
    I had no intention of starving myself for the rest of the day though. :) thanks everyone!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Lol i have some serious OCD and it is veryyyy hard for me to go on without perfection. I understand how silly it sounds, but i cant help it.

I can be very OCD too. But sometimes you just gotta trust the process and let go. Some things are out of your control. Control what you can but don't stress out about the small stuff.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you're really concerned with the added calories for the day, just eat normally as you would - then starting tomorrrow whatever the surplus of calories you have banked, divided it up as an additional deficit for the next few days.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Don't use one decision to spiral out of control. I like the analogy I saw once: when you forget to brush your teeth, do you say f* it and just keep not brushing, or do you brush as soon as you remember and continue to get back on track with your normal brushing schedule?

Chalk it up to a busy schedule, stick with your planned food for the rest of the day, and keep on logging.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself.

I will also say it might be beneficial to look at Tim Horton's nutritional info and determine ahead of time what some good, lower calorie options might be for you should you ever find yourself in a rush again. I have my go-to items at all of the convenience places I stop. That way I can grab something in the future and still be in my calorie goal for the day. I try really hard not to be surprised that I just ate a day's worth of calories in one sitting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Are you getting help for your OCD?
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The idea of 'perfection' is why so many people fail at this, they try to go at 100% until they slip up or some event causes them to go over their calories or miss a workout and boom they just say '*kitten* it" Life happens, I've had 1000 times where I've gone over calories, or missed a workout or didn't hit my macros, but had I said whatever and let the rest of that day or week continue in the same vein, i would not be 85 pounds less than where I was in january. There is no such thing as 'perfection' because this shouldn't be a short term thing, this should be a long term thing that develops habits for the rest of your life, and life isn't perfect.
  • losingitwithkat
    Options

Are you getting help for your OCD?

I am! My mom has some mental health issues that been so lucky to inherit so im just hitting the age where theyre all becoming very noticeable. So i have a dr and we work through it. But its still an everyday struggle!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Have a day at maintenance, move on.

No big deal

this. totally.