bra size changes with weight loss

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
This topic is not the happiest for me, but I've lost about 20 pounds since I was at my heaviest, and my bra size went from a 36C to a 32B and it will soon probably drop to a 32A. This is really depressing for me! does anyone else find that this has happened to them??

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have a different experience in this area. I've gone from 18DD to 12DD, though think I will be in a 12D soon, I'm definitely smaller up top. It's just one of those things that is outside our control (short of surgery or padded bras!)
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was so excited to buy new clothes...I never thought about bras...until mine got baggy...I did not know bras could get baggy!:frown:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    36C to 34B here. I'd rather be fit and have small boobs than be overweight and have bigger ones. There's always implants, right. :tongue:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This topic is not the happiest for me, but I've lost about 20 pounds since I was at my heaviest, and my bra size went from a 36C to a 32B and it will soon probably drop to a 32A. This is really depressing for me! does anyone else find that this has happened to them??

I have the opposite problem right now....when I gained all this weight my boobs went from a 36C to around a 40DD. I've lost 30lbs, and my bra size is about a 36/38DD....my circumference is smaller but my boobs haven't deflated yet. And I am totally OK with this lol I'm terrified to get saggy boobs...I already have enough stretch marks I don't need saggy boobs too lol
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Yep my girls have also ran away to hide! Down from a 36D to 34C but my god all of the chest exercises seem to have made them perkier lol! I've just had to warn my fella who has been away for 6 months not to expect the same funbags on his return!! :blushing:
  • rjsheets
    rjsheets Posts: 10
    Options
    Actually I would rather lose some of mine, but they seem to same!:frown:
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    This is a major fear of mine as well! I've just started the weight loss process, but I'm really, really hoping that I don't lose my boobs because of it! It's a ridiculous fear, but I've grown to love 'em and it'd be sad to see them go. :-(

Nevertheless, not everyone loses breast weight. I think a good way to combat the loss in breast mass is to build up muscle in the chest area. It gives the breasts more definition and makes them seem larger than they are.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness mine are made of silicone, they don't shrink!
  • bluecutipy
    bluecutipy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    oh wow lol now you guys have me scared about mine. All together i need to lose about 100lbs. my boobs are a 40d now and I'm scared to death to see how they are gonna look when i'm done losing weight :cry: all i can say is get lots of wonder bras...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Every girl has a different reaction to weight loss. A friend of mine has actually gained in cup size since losing 70 lbs. I lost 22 lbs and along with it, went from a 36C to a 34C (cup size same, if not fuller, just lost fat from back area so band is smaller). And like you, there are girls who lose 20 lbs or so and also lose their cup sizes along with it.

It makes sense, remember that our breasts are composed mostly of fatty tissue, so as we lose body fat... our bodies might just take it from the boobies!

Remember that big boobs or small boobs, women are beautiful because of confidence! So stay confident!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yup...I went from a full 36 D to a full C :(
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40F to a 36DD, Sometimes it is a VERY welcomed loss. lol
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Every girl has a different reaction to weight loss. A friend of mine has actually gained in cup size since losing 70 lbs. I lost 22 lbs and along with it, went from a 36C to a 34C (cup size same, if not fuller, just lost fat from back area so band is smaller). And like you, there are girls who lose 20 lbs or so and also lose their cup sizes along with it.

It makes sense, remember that our breasts are composed mostly of fatty tissue, so as we lose body fat... our bodies might just take it from the boobies!

Remember that big boobs or small boobs, women are beautiful because of confidence! So stay confident!

haha yes. I agree with you! I used to be a 32A and totally confident about it but i've gotten used to being chubbier with bigger boobs. I guess it's time to get used to the new body! You are lucky for keeping yours tho!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I started out about a 36B before I gained weight, ended up a 38G, then down to a 38DDD...now at a 36DD and very happy with that...although I don't wanna get too much smaller ;)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    haha yes. I agree with you! I used to be a 32A and totally confident about it but i've gotten used to being chubbier with bigger boobs. I guess it's time to get used to the new body! You are lucky for keeping yours tho!

:laugh: I am kinda short, though, and for me they feel rather big. I can't see everything I should be able to down there if you know what I mean. I've found rips on my shirt or stains that I had no idea where there all day long until I walk by a mirror! I wouldn't mind so much if they decided to get a bit smaller, but I'm ok if they stay, too.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    This was always something in the back of my mind. I don't want to lose my size, but if it means I'm healthier than oh well. Besides, they kind of hurt my back anyways :tongue:
  • Nickole71
    Nickole71 Posts: 6
    Options
    Im a 44DDD right now..... I pray I lose some!!! But in all seriousness..... I NEED surgery on my chest because while pregnant the girls got sooooo big it was insane.... they were so big my arms couldnt go around them!!! Its was painful and let me with saggy girls even before Ive lost all my weight!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    This is actually where I lost all the weight first. Went from a G to a D and still losing.. Hopefully I can be a C again but I am definitely happy to have dropped some.
  • ascoope
    ascoope Posts: 42
    Options
    Yup I only lost a an inch off my waist and hips but already my bras are loose.
    Whether this inspires or depresses you, it's important to keep in mind that your body's proportions will never change. So yes, your boobs will be much smaller, but so will the rest of you. Half the time I'm grateful for that fact, the other half I lament the dis-proportionate plumpness of my butt : /
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to my boobs sticking out past my stomach, and I was almost there, then my stomach took a break and my boobs started to get smaller :( Not what I was looking for!!