Hold me accountable!

Options
WhoDeyMa
WhoDeyMa Posts: 7 Member
So.. Here I am, once again. Lol.
I've tried MFP many times before, but something always happened. At one time, I got pregnant. I got married. I got comfortable. Well, I started working out again towards the end of my marriage. Then I was out on my own as a single mom. Took some adjusting. So now, I'm finalllllly back on track. I need someone to help.
I'm about 5'3. Around 240lbs. I've got about 100 to go. I need someone to hold me accountable. For logging my food. I don't usually have issues going to the gym anymore now that I'm motivated again. Healthy, cheap food as a single mom to a picky toddler is my biggest struggle.

Join me? Hold me accountable? I'm not necessary looking for someone who has the same goals as me or did. (It can totally help if you're cute. ;) Haha!)

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How is it possible for another person to hold you accountable? How could anyone do that? You have to really want this more than you want anything else. No one else can make you do it.
  • WhoDeyMa
    WhoDeyMa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Obviously I want it. But I don't think it would hurt to have someone else to check in with. Like a support person?
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WhoDeyMa wrote: »
    Obviously I want it. But I don't think it would hurt to have someone else to check in with. Like a support person?

I'm actually in a similar boat. If you want we could start communicating with each other as a support team!
  • noraofthefuture
    noraofthefuture Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I totally get ya. Life happens. I'm looking for more mfp friends to keep me motivated, too. You can do this! We all can!
  • juliacharles2012
    juliacharles2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get it too. I had my son 2 years & 8 months ago and ever since then I've been really struggling too. I started out doing weight watchers but once my money from maternity leave stopped I had to give it up as I could no longer afford it.

The problem I have is that my son is also an incredibly picky eater so if I'm out somewhere with friends or my hubby we usually end up getting junk just so we know that he actually will eat something (we don't go out that often so it's not like he eats junk all day every day but still).

Recently we went to a friends and she has 2 now very good eating children (former picky eaters) and she gave me this advice "How can you expect your son to know a good example if you're not prepared to set the example & lead by it" - In other words, if you want them to eat healthily, you need to step up & be the example that shows health food is good (this was just my friend's advice to me but in more general terms, you can kind of see how it makes sense).

So my motivation is my son, do I want him to grow from a very active toddler who practically burns everything he eats (lucky him) into an obese, lazy junk food loving teenager who does nothing because he that's the example that I've been setting? Hell no!!! I want him to be healthy, have fun & be as active as he can be but all that starts with me so despite feeling crappy currently. I'm starting again to motivate myself in order to lose weight & feel better
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You will benefit from finding a strong why. Why do you need to take this journey? I did so I can be the right example to my son. Spend some time in thought about your reason.

I dropped 64 lbs and would be happy to help you along in your journey. Like it was said though, it has to come from you. Support and encouragement are great, but if you don't have a strong reason as to why you believe you have to do this, it won't stick.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You'll have to steer your own ship, but please feel free to add me. I'm a working mother with a supportive husband and children. I eat regular, easy meals most days, and my diary is open and honest. For me, it helped tremendously to get my food/diet in order first, then factor exercise in. Good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You are your own best motivator, but it doesnt do any harm to have friends who have the experience or set a good example and can be supportive. Before you start then id be looking at why you were derailed before, its more thna just events. You need to put work into how you are going to ensure that doesnt happen again and the most effective empowerer of that will be you.
  • apollinav
    apollinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WhoDeyMa wrote: »

This really resonates with me. Sometimes we do better when we feel we are being watched/monitored/mentored. I think that can be a kind of accountability.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I got married and comfortable didn't get too big. Had a baby, and just couldn't find time or motivation. Then got divorced and then remarried and super comfortable. Now I have 50lbs I want to loose so that I can have a healthy second baby. I too am 5'3 and 183lbs. You can do this!!!!
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, you came to the right place! MFP has all type of support and people to hold you accountable (notice all the comments above mine!) So you totally got this! You can do it! ^_^
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just started on my journey. Welcome aboard and good luck to you!
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I started at 268 lbs... am 201 now, had gone down to 188 and then got really lax with it and am just catching myself now. So, it can be done, but it does take effort. I started this journey in January 2013... it takes time. Sometimes it feels like a lot of time... Try not to get too hung up on good foods/bad foods and take it one day and one pound at a time.... I didn't "lose" 67 lbs, I lost 1 pound 67 times... would gain 4 and lose 6 pretty much monthly. and you CAN do it. Seriously. You can.