The TRUTH about starvation mode, clearing the confusion

Options
2»

Replies

• registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am here to clear the air of the starvation mode theory.

I scanned the article, but you lost me here. If one person could clear the debate, it would have been done years ago.

I wouldn't say I cleared the debate. I am saying why the debate exist.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I didn't read your post. I can't get over the fact that you cited wikipedia as a source on other posts.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    two words

"search button"

that's all I'll say.
  • registers
    Options
    I thought it was a good breakdown . I am always confused on mfp when it says if you eat too few calories you will go into starvation mode BUT i am never hungry. I am eating 2 eggs every morning, a salad with ff mozz cheese and either tuna or turkey for lunch, 2 apples dipped in yoplait yoplus yogurt for my 2 daytime snacks (YUM) and then for dinner i usually have a salad with chicken breast cut up, cottage cheese,ff moz cheese and a tablesppon of real ranch or fish and a brocolli or green beans or caulifllower. My protein is good-my carbs are in between what mfp says i should have and I only get carbs from my apples and yogurt and cottage cheese and a tbls of real ranch. Also a sugar free fudgesicle for snack at night. It doesnt seem as if I am starving when i write it all out. I never feel hungry but it always says i am going to be in starvation mode. Oh-I just started exercising a week ago-either walking or 30 day shred and i have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Does it seem like the right amount of foods or really am i in starvation mode?

congratulation on the weight loss, I am happy for you. A common rule of thumb for sedentary people, You multiply your weight by

.5(sedentary)
    1.0(for athletes)

I would personally shoot around a .7. It's better to get a little more protein than too little. Since it helps increase gluagon levels.
  • registers
    Options
    I thought it was a good breakdown . I am always confused on mfp when it says if you eat too few calories you will go into starvation mode BUT i am never hungry. I am eating 2 eggs every morning, a salad with ff mozz cheese and either tuna or turkey for lunch, 2 apples dipped in yoplait yoplus yogurt for my 2 daytime snacks (YUM) and then for dinner i usually have a salad with chicken breast cut up, cottage cheese,ff moz cheese and a tablesppon of real ranch or fish and a brocolli or green beans or caulifllower. My protein is good-my carbs are in between what mfp says i should have and I only get carbs from my apples and yogurt and cottage cheese and a tbls of real ranch. Also a sugar free fudgesicle for snack at night. It doesnt seem as if I am starving when i write it all out. I never feel hungry but it always says i am going to be in starvation mode. Oh-I just started exercising a week ago-either walking or 30 day shred and i have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Does it seem like the right amount of foods or really am i in starvation mode?

congratulation on the weight loss, I am happy for you. A common rule of thumb for sedentary people, You multiply your weight by

.5(sedentary)
    1.0(for athletes)

I would personally shoot around a .7. It's better to get a little more protein than too little. Since it helps increase gluagon levels.
  • registers
    Options
    two words

"search button"

that's all I'll say.
    I agree, search for what protein does in the body, and what carbohydrates do to the body. Check on required protein intake. and come up with your own conclusion.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    smiley-rolleyes005.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    heh heh, TDG, here ya go (I see you gave up and tried another emo)

deadhorse.gif
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Someone said white bread...i'm totally offended. :laugh:
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    Oh goodness, Let him post what he wants as long as it is not breaking the rules. If you have a problem with it MOVE ALONG...don't stop in and stir the pot just to complain some more. We are all here for the same reason.