Chocolate

Options
I love a piece and chocolate every once a while and so do my kids.

My issue is with the amount of chocolate that is accumulating in my house as a result of gifts from grandparents and other family members. It's way too much for us to eat it and in addition, having it home while trying to install good eating habits in my kids is not helping.

Does anyone else finds they have this "problem" as well? What do you do with all the sweets? How do you tell family members who see your kids twice a year and try to be nice to them, that chocolate is not something they need? Just wondering....

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I will pm you my address.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Put the treats in a bowl/container and allow a piece or two a day as a treat. It's hard for me to do for myself, but it's easy for me to enforce on my kids.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I take the stuff to work and leave it in a bowl in the break room. By lunch time it's usually gone.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    57383619.jpg

Sabotage your co-workers? Do food pantries take chocolate? Me, I would save up and have a big dessert of chocolate one day.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I take the stuff to work and leave it in a bowl in the break room. By lunch time it's usually gone.

this works the best
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Give chocolate to the homeless in the streets. They're everywhere, where I live
  • Gritty_Gal
    Gritty_Gal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You know, someone else suggested that to me as well. I think I might just do that and leave it open in the staff room for all to enjoy.
  • Gritty_Gal
    Options
    kitkatkarr wrote: »
    Give chocolate to the homeless in the streets. They're everywhere, where I live

That's an interesting idea :) I've brought chocolate treats to food bank before, but interestingly, they're not too keen on accepting it. Funny, huh?...
  • Gritty_Gal
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    57383619.jpg

Sabotage your co-workers? Do food pantries take chocolate? Me, I would save up and have a big dessert of chocolate one day.

Love the picture. You made me smile :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Stoe it or give it away to a good cause or friends. Is it really a problem?
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Gritty_Gal wrote: »
    You know, someone else suggested that to me as well. I think I might just do that and leave it open in the staff room for all to enjoy.

My husband and I always do this :)
    We've also been known just to throw it out on occasion :(
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Food bank, local shelter, old peoples home, health centre, school, take into work.
  • allanthfc
    allanthfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. This is a problem I get at several times in the year. My kids have birthdays sort of close together so you can guarrantee theres always a box of quality street on the go for thise months. Then theres easter, christmas, halloween and any other I forgot. I always fight a losing battle against either temptation or even the ritual of recieving or buying all the sugar laden treats.

They do eat well though so I guess we just let them be kids and enjoy it. Either that or I take the hit and sacrifice my diet to keep them from having to....
  • Gritty_Gal
    Options
    allanthfc wrote: »
    They do eat well though so I guess we just let them be kids and enjoy it. Either that or I take the hit and sacrifice my diet to keep them from having to....

So do my kids. They get to take one treat to school every day and we all have a treat after dinner. :) Everything in moderation...