Bras for bustier ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ive got a very sturdy sports bra (thick straps and 4 hooks at back) and also wear a "running bra top" over top. That work really well.
  • cyndi63627
    cyndi63627 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tamlyngon wrote: »
    My favs:

Sport Incredible By Victorias Secret Sport Bra!

Nike PRO Women's Compression DRI-FIT Sports Bra

I've had recent breast surgery and find that wearing sports bras that are really snug, almost too small are helpful. The key is to decreases breast movement during exercise.

• ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Okay. I got 2 different bras from Victoria's Secret and ended up returning 1 because it had a metal clasp and it was hard to clasp. I love the other one, though. They're all $35 right now
  • Vetey
    Vetey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will only wear under armour protégée sports bra ever since I've discovered it. They zip up in the front and I find that that helps push my boobs closer to me so they don't jiggle as much. I am a 34ddd and I do high impact work outs like Zumba, squat jumps, kickboxing. I buy them from tjmaxx or Marshall's for $20 or under if they go on clearance. They sell them on their website and at chain sports stores for $50+.
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @ashleyShades I purchased a Lynx sportsbra about 3 years ago and it's been life changing. I'm a DDD 38. I did TONS of research before purchasing as they are pricey and I'm so happy with my investment. Here's the link www.lynxsportswear.com best of luck!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber! I'm a G cup and it keeps mine down, supported, and in place.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I buy all my sports bras from titlenine.com I've tried a few different models - for me, I really hate (I need a stronger word - detest!) the "uniboob" effect of your typical sports bra where there is no separation and my breasts are just forced together into one continuous shelf, squished together in the middle.
    So far, the "Last Resort" bra which is sort of like a vest with a lot of hooks in the middle has been the absolute best one I've ever tried - no motion AT ALL.
    If I don't need that much support, I also have had good luck with the "Hallelujah Bra" which is really good to lift and separate.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I feel like a connoisseur of sports bras for big busts, lol. I have finally saved my recommendations so that I don't have to keep re-typing them.

I was (before recent reduction surgery) a 34G/H. I run up to 40 minutes at a time, dance, lift, and elliptical and have tried:

Panache underwire
    Freya
    Shock Absorber Ultimate Run
    Glamorise (can't remember the model)

Panache- Its a bulkier bra. Pros: smooth cups, and boob separation better than any other I've tried. I like the underwire as well, though it makes it a bit more work for washing. Probably the best of the bunch for moisture wicking. I never feel sweaty in the bust region in this bra. Runs in the $60 range.

Freya- Also underwire, so gives good support and some separation. Comes in great colors. Has more seams so slightly more visible under clothing if that matters to you. I find the racerback hook on the back a bit more tricky than some others, but definitely doable. Same retail price range as Panache.

Shock Absorber- A compression bra, so you can't avoid the uniboob. However, the fact that it is wireless makes it easy to toss into the wash. Mine held up fine through hundreds of washes. A few unique things I love about it are largely the way the back straps are constructed. You can easily adjust where the racerback clasp is located, and there is a rubberized piece over each back strap which helps it stay in place. Same retail price range as those above.

Glamorise: Not as good for bounce control as those above, but if you're on a budget, the best there can be found in the $20-$30 range. Unfortunately, the first I bought didn't fit so I sent it back and no longer have one in my rotation.

Cost notes: Once you know your size, give yourself a reminder to check amazon daily. Very often, one particular size and close-out color will go on a great sale. You just have to be patient and keep checking back. I got both of my shock absorber bras at a great price- one black that shipped locally and was $20! Another in awesome purple that took 3 weeks to get here from London, but worth the $30 I spent. My Freya bra was $14, provided I was willing to accept red. Hell yeah I was. Red is sexy, and did I mention $14!!

Other notes: Most of these bras suck for exercise by the large-busted without having the racerback snapped. The one exception is probably Shock Absorber. I have run while forgetting to clasp it before, and it was fine. Another note: size is crucial. I loved the support of my panache for a long time. But as I lost weight and my size changed, it didn't fit as well and neither did it provide the appropriate support. Had I bought it just a size big, I think I would have hated it. So find a place to try them on, or find a place with free returns. Or find the $14 sale bra and take an affordable gamble :)

• KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I really feel like MFP needs to stickie a topic about sports bras for big boobs (I know I've responded to like 4 in the past week).

- Shock Absorber
    - Glamorise
    - Panache
    - Moving Comfort

All available on Amazon at a lower price than in the store, and will support you a hell of a lot more than anything form Target ever would. :)

A couple of things.

-bras mentioned above are good and the right one for you depends on you and how you like the fit. I see a lot of people recommend a racerback, but that puts too much pressure on my shoulders. I need maximum support from a traditional bra. I like Shock Absorbers.
    -Elomi makes a nice lift and separate with underwire, but it does not prove enough support for running (imho).

-spend the time and money to get fitted and get a bra that works for you. Most large busted ladies, especially in North America (where department store bras typically only go to DD), are wearing a bra with a band that too big and cups that too small.

-you likely want a sports bra tight and for the band to take the weight rather than the straps. I like mine tight enough so that I'm happy to get out of them after exercise that is high impact.
  • kw0728
    kw0728 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I need a new, sturdier bra. I usually wear two C9 bras from Target, however, I just started a couch to 5K and need something for running.

I also have a scar on my chest. I got a mole removed because it was precancerous, and the healing process didn't go well.

Running makes my lack of mole hurt without a proper bra. You can see it below.

I swear by Lane Bryant bras! they are high support which is definitely what I recommend for running.