help

Options
hi everyone so I really need some help. this summer has been really hard for me speaking in terms of weight loss. I was very healthy right before summer started, and I was very happy with my body and almost finished the entire insanity workout. however, I started eating unhealthily again and got off the workout. then throughout two weeks in July I was undereating extremely unhealthily. I lost almost 13 pounds. however, i started eating so badly these last few weeks. I gained all of the weight back and am back to the weight I started at before any of this. I just started swim practice today and we practice three hours in the morning and two at night. how can I lose weight healthily, build muscle, and not starve myself so that I can still do well at practice?

Replies

• HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't take this The wrong way, but you seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe you should start by seeing a counselor? I understand what you're going through as I've been there.
  • mtringali13
    mtringali13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't take this The wrong way, but you seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe you should start by seeing a counselor? I understand what you're going through as I've been there.

I've been thinking about that thank you
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'd start logging all of your food every day. That helps me to see the unhealthy choices I've made, as well as the healthy ones. You might need counseling. But. Spend an hour a day reading these boards and try to get a handle on things - for you. There are tons of nuggets of info here. Some of it will help you a lot.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hi everyone so I really need some help. this summer has been really hard for me speaking in terms of weight loss. I was very healthy right before summer started, and I was very happy with my body and almost finished the entire insanity workout. however, I started eating unhealthily again and got off the workout. then throughout two weeks in July I was undereating extremely unhealthily. I lost almost 13 pounds. however, i started eating so badly these last few weeks. I gained all of the weight back and am back to the weight I started at before any of this. I just started swim practice today and we practice three hours in the morning and two at night. how can I lose weight healthily, build muscle, and not starve myself so that I can still do well at practice?

If you're swimming that much, don't even worry about what you eat. I am a swimmer, and when I was on a team I ate up to 3000 calories a day, and at the end of the 3 months had lost 25 lbs. I didn't even intend to. It just naturally fell off. The intense workout sessions burned so many calories, and if I my intake wasn't high enough I would feel faint and unable to perform well. It's normal to reduce the caloric intake after the season is over to an average amount. As for food, focus on foods that fill you up, high in protein and fiber. Maybe protein bars before a workout too. Overall, don't treat your body as a trash can (a friend always tells me) and nurture it the way it needs to be. Don't stress. Take care.
  • SeanLives
    SeanLives Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that not eating is not the answer. It makes your body want to snap right back and cling to weight when you start eating again. Keep your head up and remember, the longest race is the one you are on for life... Not just the one in the pool. Feel better.