It's my 5th week working out at the gym

Options
so I made it to my 5th week of going to the gym. I am not seeing visual changes in my body so I am getting a bit down about it. I am trying not to think about amounts I want to loose and dates I want to loose it by... But it is a lot and soon. Haha, of course.

I just am having a tough time sticking to slow pace and low impact (which is honestly what my body feels like it can take). As this is #WishWednesday I wish to have patience to stay focused on the long view. I wish to have patience with myself doing these "baby steps". I wish to have the patience to endure the road leading to positive changes in my body and spirit.

Is that 3 wishes? Is that allowed... I'll put them on my tab if not.

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What program are you doing? How many reps do to you do, do you do cardio or weights this is what you need to look at its great that you go but are you making the most of it?
  • SeanLives
    SeanLives Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @rebeccaEsmith Thx for the check in and the push to stay focused. Looking back on my post I may have given the impression that I'm skating through my workouts... I am activating muscle and putting in work in my cardio.

It's more the mental side of things affecting me right now. I want results to happen more quickly.

Any ideas about how to calm down and stay in the now (each day... each mile)?

Thoughts / Friend Requests welcomed.
  • MCinBC
    MCinBC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, one thing we can agree. Whether you need to lose 5 pound or 50, those pounds did not get there quickly..so they hardly can go quickly!!
    I would also advise, always depend what is your main goal, to adapt your gym time accordingly. If you want to drop weight, you have to burn (way) more than you take. Therefore, cardio is the way. "General" gym would burn around 300/400 calories per hours maybe, while running would burn maybe 800 per hour. I am not saying do one or do the other, but maybe 75% cardio and 25% gym. All about your priorities.
    But what ever road you choose, patience and dedication is needed. Now that you already started, keep it up!
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One simple thing I would suggest doing - if you haven't already - is to take some photos. I know that when I look in the mirror, it's not so easy to spot the changes in my own body. Of course it takes persistence and patience to see results, but having a collection of photos and looking back over them can give me that reality check and remind me that I have made progress.
  • MCinBC
    MCinBC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is right. Pictures and measurement.