Current: 21% body fat, goal: 15%
Soft spot: Asian food, ice cream, and whiskey
Workout hates: running, running, running
Current workouts: crossfit, rock climbing, cycling

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    You are not the first one to show up as a carb-holic. :)

Over time we may learn how to harden our soft spots literally. After 10 months I am seeing some success but I am a slow learner when it comes to eating correctly it seems.
  • RanitaScania
    RanitaScania Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just love your noodle-holic!
    Am a dim sum-holic >_<

Also hated running but have started to like it when I don't have to do it on my own.

:)
  • anitanwong
    anitanwong Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are not the first one to show up as a carb-holic. :)

Over time we may learn how to harden our soft spots literally. After 10 months I am seeing some success but I am a slow learner when it comes to eating correctly it seems.

Amazing! Tell me your secret! Noodles are always my weak spot because it always feels like a warm bowl of home
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Giving up noodles isn't so bad when you count calories. Once you see how little they fill you up for how many calories they are you won't want to eat them nearly as often.

There are veggie based noodle substitutes out there. I forgot what exactly they were made out of but they are supposed to be a lot better for you.
  • Luvzy
    Luvzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For Italian dishes, spaghetti squash is a good substitute.

For Asian dishes, shirataki noodles are a good substitute.
  • HalT93mfp
    HalT93mfp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just have a question now lol. My mother and I recently cooked late at night yesterday for some people, some extremely watered down white spaghetti and lean ground meat with tomato paste. Although I haven't tried it, i was meaning to save some of my calorie amount to eat that. Is that still as bad? Or should I find a substitute?
  • mbhalenhle
    mbhalenhle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mbhali in South africa im a long distance runner,im looking forward to loose 10kg :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Watered down spaghetti sounds dreadful. I'd simply pair the pasta with a nice salad.

http://www.bariatriccookery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/spaghetti-bolognese-on-portion-plate-004.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @mbhalenhle I like running, too!
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I say don't sacrifice flavor to cut corners, it will only disappoint you. Just measure portions and either plan your day around that high calorie meal or eat smaller portions. If I know or want to eat something nice like a burger or some pizza I might skip lunch/ eat a brunch.
  • Academ
    Academ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Give Shirataki noodles a try. 35ish calories for an entire bag!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    HalT93mfp wrote: »
    I just have a question now lol. My mother and I recently cooked late at night yesterday for some people, some extremely watered down white spaghetti and lean ground meat with tomato paste. Although I haven't tried it, i was meaning to save some of my calorie amount to eat that. Is that still as bad? Or should I find a substitute?

There is no bad food, its just a matter of how you want to use your calorie allotment. If you want to try that, go for it and have some more filling, lower calorie foods the rest of the day.

OP- 15% is a very low body fat for women, are you aiming for a bodybuilding competition or professional sports? Usually they are the only women who can maintain that kind of body fat level.

There's also nothing wrong with noodles, asian food, ice cream, and whiskey, in moderation. I've lost most of my weight incorporating all of them in my diet, not all at once but I have had at least one of them each week in this process. You'll find something that works for you. Good luck!