Hysterectomy and weight

Options
I had a hysterectomy last February 14th. It was a happy Valentines gift since I have no more monthly nitemares and no more pain in my back, I had uterin fibroids. I have kept my ovaries and I was starting pre-menaupose.

Could someone tell me if loosing the last 20 something pounds I want to loose still be harder now? Will maintening my goal weight be harder when I reach it?

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mom is in the same boat (JBR56 on here) she was on HRT and piled on the weight and is trying (not very hard as she keeps eating rubbish) to loose it. From what others have told me it is more difficult, but not impossoble as long as you stick with it! Good luck :)
  • Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I had a hyst and ovary removal at 29 in 2002 and put on weight afterwards through lack of exercise and confrort eating. I managed to lose it all again when I put my mind to it.

In between I went a little off the rails enjoying the life that had been restricted to me due to the problems I needed the hyst for - I could go out whenever I wanted, didn't have to keep saying no to people and could drink as I wasn't on painkillers. Hence I put a fair bit of weight on.

I am now losing it again and I could say it makes it harder because of the HRT or because of the hyst, but the reality is that's just in our minds. If you are determined to lose weight you will (unless there is an underlying as yet undetected medical condition such as thyroid problem, it wont be because of the hyst).

Good luck with the weight loss and I hope the hyst is bringing you greater freedom than you had to enjoy your life

Curvygoth
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I had a radical hysterectomy due to cancer in 2003. U went into immediate menopause. It is a bit harder to lose but not impossible. The most challenging part is the way fat settled. I now have a bit of a front butt, something I never had even though I have been fat for a long time.
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    Ok wow i say that because i had miine on feb 14 2009 so thats a little weird but after i had it i lost a lot of weight 25-30 pounds So good luck on your journey!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Because of a severe head trauma I had 24 years ago, I wil never be able to be on HRT and I keep on being active. Thanks for your answers, they are encouraging me.