Not playing!!

Options
:grumble:
Not impressed, ive been trying really hard, ive not followed a calorie controlled diet before so trying to find the low calorie foods is difficult but, ive not made terrible choices! im struggling to keep within my calorie count of 1200, it seems too low for me, im excercising more than i usually do and im a busy mom of 2 and im starving!
I got on the wii tonight and had a sneak peek at the scales and it looks like ive put on, whats happening im hungry & tired for excercising on top of other stuff!

Replies

• Ladybug_1216
    Ladybug_1216 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. The weight will come off. I know how you feel. I've been dieting/exercising for three days and still no change on the scale.
    I keep telling myself I'm gaining muscle from the exercising and that's good in the long run it will burn more calories.
    Just don't give up. :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Do you hit your fiber and protein requirements for the day? If not, this could be the problem. Consume foods rich in these two nutrients and you'll be fuller, longer. Open your diary and maybe we can help more.

By exercising, you're allowed to eat more, so that should also help. And because you are now exercising, this can also cause the initial weight gain due to water retention.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    make sure you are getting a NET 1200 calories when you are exercising.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! If you log in your calories and what you burn, it tells you on here you can eat back your calories, so you don't starve! :) I have hit a plateau for the last month and have stepped up my "game". Be patient with yourself, embrace your lifestyle change and before you know it the scale will move. When I get discouraged I always remember what being lazy and eating whatever I wanted did to me. I feel better now in my life than a year ago when I weighed 245!
    You can do this! Do you have friends on here? That can help! :)
  • BodyUnderConstruction
    BodyUnderConstruction Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories! Everyone's body works a little differently, maybe you just aren't getting enough for your body.
  • JonBoy36
    JonBoy36 Posts: 2
    Options
    try whey protien supplements and lift weights.
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    My nutritionist told me that if you are still hungry on the 1200 cal diet up it a little to 1300 and make sure you are getting adequate protein and carb balance.. If you excersice you should still be able to meet this, eat two snacks, and not be hungry. That's what i do.. so far lost 14 lbs.. with 5 meals a day two of them snack and i work out at least 5 times a week with four kids, two of them have special needs.. you can do it..
  • Rdy4change2011
    Options
    Just keep going. One day at a time.
  • natillypooch
    Options
    Thankyou and well done to you managing to work out with your children too x